• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question About EMAX Servos and Spektrum Receiver

dorialn

Hi ,

I have just received my power pack C equipped with Emax - ES08A servos , unfortunately I cannot
use them with my spectrum AR636h speKtrum receiver two major issues :

a. Servos will make lots of noise
b. receiver will put itself off after few seconds

I am using Lumenier 1000mah and BLheli , what could be the problem ?

Should I look into purchasing a new receiver , if yes which spectrum receiver should I purchase for the purpose of flying
FT duster .

Thank you ,
Dori

kacknor

Build another!
Noise? I was also surprised by gear noise during my first build. OTOH...

How many servos are connected?

If the RX resets or browns out there could be a bad servo or maybe a faulty BEC on the ESC. If you have an extra servo use that to replace each servo in turn. If not, just unplug one servo at a time and retest. If there is a bad servo it will work fine with those remaining. If the BEC is bad the results will be the same. Either way, a call to FT may be required to replace possible bad parts.

JD

First off is your battery charged? I have this same set up and never had any issue, but if your battery is low it will certainly cause the problems you indicated. Do you have a receiver battery you can plug directly into the receiver and eliminate the BEC to see if that works?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Welcome to the FT forum!

That Rx is for a Helicopter (I think an E-Flite Blade 200SRX heli) and is pre-programmed as such. I do not believe it can be reprogrammed to be used in a model other than which it was intended.

Any DSM2 or DSMX compatible Rx with 4 or more channels should work for you. There are several brands to choose from: Spektrum, OrangeRx, LemonRX and others. They are also available with and without gyros (I would go without for simplicity and the FT planes don't need them).

connie

Just a thought. Check the servo timing in the transmitter setup. These are analog servos. If you're setup for digital strange things can happen.

Regards ... Connie

Dstu

Similar symptoms

I had the same thing happen with an orange receiver, turned out the throttle plug was plugged in backwards, once I fixed that it was fine.