Solved Question on holes on wing and fuselage of FT Legacy V2

WillL84

Hey guys, I've got my Legacy V2 all built (waiting for spring!) but there's two holes in the bottom of the wing, just inboard of the cutouts for the flap servos. I'm assuming those are the CG points, am I correct?

There's also 4 tiny holes in the fuselage itself, two in the lower front area of the main under wing compartment and two more at the lower front end of the nose compartment. Does anyone know what these are for?They look convenient to stick the antennae of the satellite receiver through.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
If you're talking about holes on the sides of the fuselage, those should be the indicators for where to push the bamboo skewers through to secure the power pod.

WillL84

If you're talking about holes on the sides of the fuselage, those should be the indicators for where to push the bamboo skewers through to secure the power pod.

That would make sense for the front compartment ones if you were using single motor. The ones further back I still don't know though. And are the two in the bottom of the wing your CG points?

WillL84

Here's the hole in the nose:
20220114_220745.jpg
Here's the mid-fuselage hole:
20220114_220800.jpg
Here's the two under-wing holes
20220114_220815.jpg

WillL84

Ok I figured it all out. All this is explained only in the "single motor" part 2 video. None of this is in the "dual motor" part 2 video lol.

The tiny holes are indeed to hold the single motor power pod. The two wing holes are indeed for CG.

Also something that isn't mentioned in the dual motor build - the nacelles each have two holes - I'm assuming those are for the skewers as well to hold the power pods into the nacelles correct? In the video Josh just puts the pods in and that's it.