Questions about flight fest east,

Jasonbeacham

Quadcopter pilot
So me, my girlfriend, brother and father will be going with an RV and I have a few questions; is there power hook ups for the RVs? Can I arrive the night before the first day so I can wake up and be there the first morning? Will there be proof of registration when I pre register?

mactek

I can only say from my experience last year at fliteFest. There are no hookups so you are boondock camping. You can run a generator during the day but it is preferred that you shut it down at night because there are a lot of tent campers. Last year we arrived late in the day on Wednesday and it was fine. Once you get your camp set up you should offer to help setup the festival.

bitogre

So me, my girlfriend, brother and father will be going with an RV and I have a few questions; is there power hook ups for the RVs?

I doubt there will be power for RVs as there has not been in the past. If the do offer that, it will be new (though I would pay extra for power). I bring a generator (which I am upgrading this year to something a bit quieter).

Can I arrive the night before the first day so I can wake up and be there the first morning?

As a general rule, they would prefer it if only volunteers show up early (as they are not ready for people there just to fly and all services may not be working yet) though the night before is probably OK.

Will there be proof of registration when I pre register?

Registration is done through Eventbrite which will provide you with a receipt via email.

Jasonbeacham

Quadcopter pilot
so if I come in an RV what'd be the best way to empty gray water and fill new good water? im guessing i cant do that at the fest,

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
so if I come in an RV what'd be the best way to empty gray water and fill new good water? im guessing i cant do that at the fest,

That's correct. There's no place to dump on Furey Field, but I'm sure there's some place that will let you dump somewhere close. The google machine is probably more help than I am, but I would check at larger parks near the event, as some of those might accommodate water disposal.

earthsciteach

Pine Valley Campgrounds is one mile north of the entrance to FF on Rt 220. Their phone number is 330-863-1909. I think you can empty your tanks there for a fee, but not positive. They have a facebook page, but I don't see a website for them.

bitogre

If you use the facilities provided by FliteFest, you should be able to stretch how you use your tanks so they last for the event. I have attended longer events in my RV Trailer and got it to be fine for full week RC events by using the site facilities as much as possible (the FliteFest showers are better than what I have in my RV). I just fill up my water before showing up (usually at another location not far from the site) and empty on my way home (again at a location near the site).

DharanFlyer

My first trip was last year. First RC event as well.

GREAT community. Made friends with most of the campers around. Everyone is helpful and willing to just chat about anything.

Have fun and enjoy!

Onebladeprop

So is there a good sense of community with all the campers there?

Absolutely. In fact my suggestion would be to introduce yourself to your neighbor as soon as you get there. There's a good chance they will offer to let you charge off their generator if they have one. Many of use will have them running anyway and are happy to help alleviate some of the power issues of an event like this.

Alternatively you could buy a cheap one like this http://www.harborfreight.com/900-pe...63cc-2-cycle-gas-generator-epacarb-63025.html It won't run the A/C in your camper but it's more than enough for charging batteries. You should be able to find a coupon to get it for about $90. Just change the spark plug out for an NGK and it will run great. (7-8hrs per gallon) I have one as a back up.