Help! Radial Twin C-pack

I think you might be putting way too much load on those motors. I burnt up my 1st c pack on 3s 10x7 two blade prop during the summer. It depends on many factors though like ambient temperature how much cooling and throttle % too. I ran the same motor on a 10x7 3 blade in the fall though and was fine for a few shorter flights.
It was at a higher throttle for a bit longer than i should of while holding it. I was admiring the extra power it had. But it wasnt more than 30 seconds. They both still spin up fine but it took them a long while to cool down enough to touch them. So maybe just put these props away till i upgrade the motors then? Lol

chris398mx

Master member
I think you might be putting way too much load on those motors. I burnt up my 1st c pack on 3s 10x7 two blade prop during the summer. It depends on many factors though like ambient temperature how much cooling and throttle % too. I ran the same motor on a 10x7 3 blade in the fall though and was fine for a few shorter flights.
I agree, these motors cant really handle 4s 10x45 props. I am not sure why flite test promotes them this way.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Its the pitch on the props that is cooking your motors. And if even a 2 blade 10x45 heats them up then I would say those aren't the motors you want. That is if you need a prop like that to fly the twin your planning on. If you want to change out the motors and be more efficient with the amps on 4s then you need to lower the Kv rating. A prop size like a 11x10x3 will need at least a 35mm can with a Kv of around 500-700, maybe even lower. This brings down the rpm so the motors don't work as hard. A 10" pitch on a prop doesn't need much rpm, but it will need some decent airspeed to be efficient

Yusernaym

I run both of my C pack planes on 4s, one with a 10x4.5 and one with a 10x5, and I haven't had any trouble. That said, they both have good cooling of both the motor and esc, so your mileage may vary.

Its the pitch on the props that is cooking your motors. And if even a 2 blade 10x45 heats them up then I would say those aren't the motors you want. That is if you need a prop like that to fly the twin your planning on. If you want to change out the motors and be more efficient with the amps on 4s then you need to lower the Kv rating. A prop size like a 11x10x3 will need at least a 35mm can with a Kv of around 500-700, maybe even lower. This brings down the rpm so the motors don't work as hard. A 10" pitch on a prop doesn't need much rpm, but it will need some decent airspeed to be efficient
That makes sense. No I got the props more for scale but they are also 3x power props. More hoping to get more air time with it. It has full fpv so the more time I can fly out of one battery is the end goal.