Radio types at Flite Fest

fixnfly

Is there any type of official frequency coordination at flite fest events? My DX5e is broken, and I hear there can be issues with that class of radio at this large of event anyway. My computer radios are all 72 MHz gear. The question is doses flite fest do a proper frequency coordination for these frequencies still, or is it foolish to plan on relying on either of those radios...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Nope, and nope.

It's infrequent enough that channel collisions haven't been an issue -- at pilots meetings they've asked for a raise of hands . . . then told those 3-4 pilots to talk to each other to make sure they had different channels. 72MHz still works . . . and even better now that hardly anyone is using it.

fixnfly

Good, I have noticed less problems on 72mhz then say 15 years ago just around town also. I would say that is a the proper way to handle things for a handful of pilots.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Used a JR 72Mhz radio from 1996 until last year, when I got a Taranis. It worked great... until I scavenged the gimbals for the Taranis. Major improvement.