Real Flight 9, Throttle

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the throttle position stick on RF 9. I have just started playing with my sim. RF 9 is new to me. Here is my question. I move the throttle stick about 1/8" and it seems like I am at full throttle. I have even done a calibration on the transmitter ( Spektrum InterLink DX ) that came with RF 9. I don't think this is right. The rest of the controls seem to be good. How do I take care of this problem ? When I was doing a calibration, the bar graph for the throttle was always moving some, even when I was not moving the throttle stick. The right stick bar graph stayed steady.

Any ideas,
Al

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sounds like a calibration or mixing issue. Possibly a problem with the interlink DX. I use my Taranis X9D+ over a wireless link and have no issues like that. I would start from scratch on the controller setup and calibration.

alan0043

Sounds like a calibration or mixing issue. Possibly a problem with the interlink DX. I use my Taranis X9D+ over a wireless link and have no issues like that. I would start from scratch on the controller setup and calibration.

Hi LitterBug,

Thank you for the help. I have tried to do a calibration several times with no luck. It seems like there is some kind of signal going to the transmitter or is it just the opposite, the transmitter has some kind of signal it's putting out. The bar graph for the left stick is always moving a little bit at a time. It does not sit still like the right stick bar graph does. Very puzzling.

Al

LitterBug

Techno Nut
If you just got it, I would call the vendor and request a replacement.

And just to be sure, you selected InterLink DX as your controller profile correct?
1603397186881.png

Last edited:

alan0043

If you just got it, I would call the vendor and request a replacement.

And just to be sure, you selected InterLink DX as your controller profile correct?
View attachment 181547

Thank you again for the help. I bought the sim at the end of August (23rd) from Flite Test. I have the InterLink DX in the profile box . I also have the picture of the controller in the right hand corner before I fly. You can see the left stick bouncing around before take off. And the right stick doesn't move until I move move it. What do you think if I switched from mode 2 to mode 1 to see what happens with the right stick making it be the throttle for mode 1 ?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Thank you again for the help. I bought the sim at the end of August (23rd) from Flite Test. I have the InterLink DX in the profile box . I also have the picture of the controller in the right hand corner before I fly. You can see the left stick bouncing around before take off. And the right stick doesn't move until I move move it. What do you think if I switched from mode 2 to mode 1 to see what happens with the right stick making it be the throttle for mode 1 ?
That should make your elevator twitchy. It sounds like one of the wires to the throttle potentiometer is broken or the potentiometer itself is broken. I'd open up a support ticket since it is new.

alan0043

That should make your elevator twitchy. It sounds like one of the wires to the throttle potentiometer is broken or the potentiometer itself is broken. I'd open up a support ticket since it is new.

Hi LitterBug,

I like how you think. Great minds thing alike. I have a ticket open with Horizon Hobby and have not heard any thing yet. Horizon Hobby always seems to be slow getting to the support tickets. I'll let you know what kind of support I get. I'm hoping to play with the transmitter more this weekend. Right now, I need to take advantage of the weather and work outside in the yard.

Thank you again for your help,
Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

A little update on my support ticket to Horizon Hobby. I have not heard a thing. It's been 4 days now. Seems to be business as usual for Horizon Hobby. So disappointing. That is one of the main reasons that I come to the forum. There is always some kind of help you can get. I can't say that about Horizon Hobby. I remember one time I had a support ticket into Horizon Hobby and never got an answer.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hi Everyone,

A little update on my support ticket to Horizon Hobby. I have not heard a thing. It's been 4 days now. Seems to be business as usual for Horizon Hobby. So disappointing. That is one of the main reasons that I come to the forum. There is always some kind of help you can get. I can't say that about Horizon Hobby. I remember one time I had a support ticket into Horizon Hobby and never got an answer.
Hmmm. That is disappointing.
:(

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

A little update (10/25) on my problems with RF 9. First I have not heard a thing from Horizon Hobby about my support ticket. Second thing is that I opened up a can of worms trying to switch the transmitter from mode 2 to mode 1. The reason why I was making switch was because I wanted to see if there was a problem with the left stick especially the throttle. If I have the throttle on the right stick and the throttle does not have any problems, I could say the problem is with the left stick.

With my new problem trying to go from mode 2 to mode 1, I will start a new thread about this problem.

Thanks for listening,
Al

whackflyer

Master member
I would contact FT if you bought it from them. I'm sure they would make it right.

alan0043

I would contact FT if you bought it from them. I'm sure they would make it right.

Hi whackflyer,

Thanks for the idea about sending FT a note about my problems.

One of the main reasons that I got a RF 9 is because I thought it would be easy to set up. Boy, I was wrong. I needed my nephews help to down load the software. I'm lucky to have help like that. I am a rookie about all this RC stuff. Now another problem. The left stick or throttle is not right. Move the throttle 1/32" and you are at 100% output. The plan is to send FT a note and put in a new support ticket to Horizon Hobby hoping they answer my request.

Thank you everyone for listening,
Al

Note; I sent a request to FT on (10-26-20, 11:40am) , Now time to wait for response.

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
Hi whackflyer,

Thanks for the idea about sending FT a note about my problems.

One of the main reasons that I got a RF 9 is because I thought it would be easy to set up. Boy, I was wrong. I needed my nephews help to down load the software. I'm lucky to have help like that. I am a rookie about all this RC stuff. Now another problem. The left stick or throttle is not right. Move the throttle 1/32" and you are at 100% output. The plan is to send FT a note and put in a new support ticket to Horizon Hobby hoping they answer my request.

Thank you everyone for listening,
Al

Note; I sent a request to FT on (10-26-20, 11:40am) , Now time to wait for response.
I would call FT and talk to Customer Service. They're usually really good about making things right. Another thing you could try is going into the calibration tab and doing a full stick calibration, but by what you say it sounds like that's not the problem.

Last edited:

alan0043

HI Everyone,

I heard from Horizon Hobby. This is what they would like me to do. I hope the PDF showed up in this post.

Attachments

• Windows Calibration - Interlink DX.pdf
    379.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: