Runcam Swift 3 V2 OSD

Corsair714

So I know quite a bit about quads, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a better way to turn off the OSD on a runcam then through the uart? I don't want to have to solder something on just so I can turn my cameras osd off. I didn't receive a joystick with the camera. I also need to switch the aspect ratio. Am I stuck with using up a uart for my camera cause runcam didn't give me a joystick?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So I know quite a bit about quads, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a better way to turn off the OSD on a runcam then through the uart? I don't want to have to solder something on just so I can turn my cameras osd off. I didn't receive a joystick with the camera. I also need to switch the aspect ratio. Am I stuck with using up a uart for my camera cause runcam didn't give me a joystick?
This write up by Oscar Liang makes it sound like using the FC is the only way....
https://oscarliang.com/runcam-micro-swift-3-fpv-camera/

LB

Corsair714

Ya, thanks. I read through that earlier. Does runcam usually include joysticks or never? And you gotta buy one? I guess I'll have to use my uart.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ya, thanks. I read through that earlier. Does runcam usually include joysticks or never? And you gotta buy one? I guess I'll have to use my uart.

They included joysticks with the cameras that could use them.

I have enough old style, non-OSD cameras to last me a lifetime. I prefer the OSD to not be in the camera.

LB

Corsair714

They included joysticks with the cameras that could use them.

I have enough old style, non-OSD cameras to last me a lifetime. I prefer the OSD to not be in the camera.

LB
Ya I also don't like the OSD on the camera. Unless I were to use it on a plane.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

Be smarter then the camera.... use a uart to set up the camera then disconnect it and go about your business. Not like it has to stay connected or it reverts back to bad habits. :LOL::LOL::devilish:

Corsair714

Be smarter then the camera.... use a uart to set up the camera then disconnect it and go about your business. Not like it has to stay connected or it reverts back to bad habits. :LOL::LOL::devilish:
Ya I just hooked it up to the uart. I'm actually just gonna leave it hooked up for now too. Everything is working properly for once.