• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Salt water LiPo disposal - bad idea, or really bad idea?

Andrew

G'day Mate
The problem with using the salt water treatment is "today's advice" suffers from "Chinese Whispers Effect" , there's a few examples in this thread. If your not 100% sure of what your doing AND why "don't do it" give it to a professional to dispose of.

This conversation is inspiring me to make a lipo safe charging container, I'm thinking of modifying a military ammo can to have a XT60 connecter built into the side and some venting holes in the top so the battery can be completely isolated from everything flammable/expensive when charging. I will probably post some pictures of it on a new threat if I get the chance in case anyone wants to give it a try as well.

PsyBorg

Fly Angry
Mentor
This conversation is inspiring me to make a lipo safe charging container, I'm thinking of modifying a military ammo can to have a XT60 connecter built into the side and some venting holes in the top so the battery can be completely isolated from everything flammable/expensive when charging. I will probably post some pictures of it on a new threat if I get the chance in case anyone wants to give it a try as well.
Watch the FT video on battery bunkers. A simple brick and some silica play sand is all that is needed