SEFF vs Flite Fest West

Are you going to attend SEFF or FFW in 2017?

• FliteFest West but I would go to both if they did not conflict

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitogre

I wish SEFF 2017 and FliteFest West (FFW) did not overlap on dates. If they didn't I would try to attend both. I wonder if there are anyone else in the same situation as I am.

I am probably going to SEFF mostly because I can drive to SEFF and therefor can bring a lot more (like my RV and everything I can fit in it). However, if they were not the same dates, I would probably fly to FFW.

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I'm sure FTFFW will be fun, but any flying event you have to fly to puts a damper on what you can bring to fly :(

Many people do it, and more power to 'em, but having space to bring a collection of airframes is a bit of a simple luxury.

If you're looking for another flying event within "Driving Distance" you might be interested in (yes, I know, that's all in perspective of the Miami-to-Ohio route) . . .

- San Felasco: February 17-19. Wanna try out your DLG in contest? Rub shoulders with the best in the US? Get pointers that your hack buddies may not know? . . . This one is coming up in a few weekends in the Gainesville area. It's a formal contest, but should be a fun event.

- Not sure, but I think you know about the CFL FPV (February 23-26). By all reports, the new venue has made a big difference on the quality of the event.

- Joe Nall: May 13-20. May not need to go more than once, but you should go at least once if you can. BIG. BUSY. Lots of big cool planes. It's more of a spectator event than a participating event, but it's usually easy to get a spot on the electric flight line to fly something the mere mortals enjoy.

HHAEFI you know about (The "Fall SEFF", October 12-14) . . . but there's a fall Nall too -- E-Week: September 25- October 1, 2017. smaller/quieter than Joe Nall proper, with the feel somewhere between SEFF and HHAEFI

Those are the events in the south east I know of that I think you might be interested in. There's always a few other smaller events going on throughout the year, but probably not worth the trek from that far south.

bitogre

I'm sure FTFFW will be fun, but any flying event you have to fly to puts a damper on what you can bring to fly :(

Many people do it, and more power to 'em, but having space to bring a collection of airframes is a bit of a simple luxury.

Yep and this is the primary reason for me planning on going to SEFF instead of FFW.

If you're looking for another flying event within "Driving Distance" you might be interested in (yes, I know, that's all in perspective of the Miami-to-Ohio route) . . .

That was not part of why I made this post though I do appreciate the information. The main point of this post was to see if I was the only one who would attend both SEFF and FFW if the dates did not conflict.

- San Felasco: February 17-19. Wanna try out your DLG in contest? Rub shoulders with the best in the US? Get pointers that your hack buddies may not know? . . . This one is coming up in a few weekends in the Gainesville area. It's a formal contest, but should be a fun event.

Doh... I am already scheduled to help at church that weekend. Do let me know if there is another DLG event in FL, I'd love to check it out and would happily attand any in Florida or even Georgia.

- Not sure, but I think you know about the CFL FPV (February 23-26). By all reports, the new venue has made a big difference on the quality of the event.

I will most likely attend this (too close to skip) though I prefer plane events over multirotors.

- Joe Nall: May 13-20. May not need to go more than once, but you should go at least once if you can. BIG. BUSY. Lots of big cool planes. It's more of a spectator event than a participating event, but it's usually easy to get a spot on the electric flight line to fly something the mere mortals enjoy.

That seems too big for me. Hardik is suggesting I try out E-Week or "Frosty Dog" as alternatives at Triple Tree.

HHAEFI you know about (The "Fall SEFF", October 12-14) . . . but there's a fall Nall too -- E-Week: September 25- October 1, 2017. smaller/quieter than Joe Nall proper, with the feel somewhere between SEFF and HHAEFI

Will definitely attend this again. So far, it is my second favorite event (FF Ohio being #1 but hoping FF South might push both down).

Those are the events in the south east I know of that I think you might be interested in. There's always a few other smaller events going on throughout the year, but probably not worth the trek from that far south.

I am open to attend smaller events, in fact, I seem to prefer the smaller events. I just need to balance distance with how much time I have to take off work to attend. I would probably attend any event close enough that I do not have to take a day off to attend (hence the limit to Florida and maybe Georgia).