Servos

HI all you clever buggers out there some of us old gits have a problem getting our heads around this electronic stuff just wanted to know can you use digital and analog servos on the same aircraft?

skymaster

Elite member
Yes you can just do not use one digital and one analog for ailerons or similar control surfaces using two servos.
I had that set up once. it confused the hell out of me. they would both turn the same way no matter which way i turn one of them they wounld mimic each other. until i removed the digital one, then one would go up and the other would go down like they were supposed to weird right.

Bricks

Master member
I had that set up once. it confused the hell out of me. they would both turn the same way no matter which way i turn one of them they wounld mimic each other. until i removed the digital one, then one would go up and the other would go down like they were supposed to weird right.

That is a new one on me never heard of such a thing, it should of not mattered.:unsure:

leaded50

Legendary member
same thing happend once here too. Saw later one servo used was a digital one.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I started buying PTK metal gear digital servos, great little 9g servos. However, I was building the Sportster at the time and although I had centered the aileron servos I hadn't checked the travel until after I had installed them. Turns out one had been wired in reverse so both went in the same direction. I got around it by connecting the servos up separately to the receiver, rather than using a Y harness that way I was able to reverse one of them in my transmitter settings.