Help! Setting Flaps on FS-i6x

jack10525

I've got a Flysky FS-i6x and am having trouble setting the flaps to the toggle switch I want. The i6x has a toggle switch with 3 positions. It is labeled SWC. I want to set this as flaps. Can anyone tell me how to do it? All the internet searches are telling me how to setup flaperons. Pretty sure this is not what I want. I've got separate ailerons. The plane is a Arrows Bigfoot.

RC Soarer

OK so first you need to go into Menu>Functions setup>Auxiliary channels>Channel 5 (if your not already using it). Then hit up 5 times. Then hold cancel to save. Repeat for channel 6 assigning it the same switch. Try that and if it doesn't work then experiment with reversing the channels.
Hope that helps!:)
RC Soarer

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
i did set flaps on same swith on a i6 today.. assigned that 3 way switch to the channel i put flaps servos to (i used ch6) , then i got full flaps up, middle, and full down (as servos can go. Then adjusted servomovement in "end points" and "subtrim" to fit, as get 0 flaps on 1 step(full up), approx 10 degree on second step, and 30 degree on 3 step on switch

NewFlyGuy2020

How did you adjust for the second position to hit 10* (or any value). Mine is working for 0= full flap and position 3=endpoint of 50%..

but in position 2 it stays at full flap..

How do I trim out the second position??

Ozzyhund

Did you get a solution on your flap setting on your i6x. I got the same radio and have the same problem with the 3 pos switch.

Level

I got my own solution today. It requires at least 2 mix channels to work and optionally another one for fully integrate with an elevator.
Instruction below:
- Left flap - channel 5 (screen1)
- Right flap - channel 6 (screen1)
- Turn ON your additional 3-pos button (screen2) (in system options - Aux switches)
- Change channel 5 in options as Reversed (screen3)
- Set channel 5 and 6 on same auxiliary button in Aux channels (screen4)
- Set "Mix1" as self mix of Channel 5 (screen5) (ON, Ch5, Ch5, 0%, -50%, +25%)
- Set "Mix2" as self mix of Channel 6 (screen6) (ON, Ch6, Ch6, 0%, -50%, +25%) (values same as Ch5)
- Now it's complete guide for 3-pos flaps (0 - 0%, 1 - 50%, 2 - 100% of range)
Optionally for fully integrate with elevator to compensate pull up of your airplane just set another "Mix3" like below:
- Set "Mix3" as mix Ch5 / Ch2 (screen7) (ON, Ch5, Ch2, 20%, 20%, +10%)

Endpoints should be on default values 100%.

All changes u can see in options tab "Display". The problem is that it takes all of Mix channels.
If anyone know another/better solution please post below.

Best regards.

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 0
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • screen6.png
    screen6.png
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 0
  • screen7.png
    screen7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

rcplaneflyer

its actually quite simple just did it yesterday, hopefully it works for you

so turn on aux channel 6 as your flaps to your 3 position switch which is swc

now go into end points and change your end points to EX: 70% and 40%

now go into display function and toggle your switch you will see it is now acting as a 3 position switch, you may have to do some servo arm adjustments and some subtrim adjustments to get your flaps in the correct position

now if your flaps are on 2 seperate servos you will have to create a mix or use y harness

thanks willy

luvmy40

Elite member
Maybe a dumb question, but why not control the flaps from one of the vairable pots and have infinite control from zero to full flaps?

Last edited:

Level

I will try this way, if it works it takes only 2 mix channels (with elevator mix), so it should be better.

You can use variable pot to control flaps, but actually you don't know angle on your flaps.

Last edited: