Setting Up Flaps Using A Receiver With Two Aileron Channels

dmlong

I'm trying to set up flaps using a Spektrum 6 channel receiver with two of the channels being used for ailerons. One of the aileron channels has a Y-harness for both ailerons and I'd assumed the other one could be Y-harnessed for the flaps. Wrong answer.

Is there a way I can set up my DX8 Tx to assign a switch to the other aileron channel to work the flaps?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Most simple setups do use "Y" harnesses for the Ailerons and again for the flaps BUT one of the flap servos is reversed internally.

If you are seeking to mix flap position into the Ailerons You would need 2 separate channels to operate the mixed ailerons.

Specify exactly what you are trying to achieve and I am sure someone on the forums will help you with advice.

Have fun!

skymaster

Elite member
hello dmlong For the flaps you flip one of the servos with one wire facing forward and one backwards, that is one of the solutions using a y harness. i have a simple storch setup with flaps. and i do have them connected to two separate channels. I use a dx6e transmitter and an orange receiver . i don't know if the settings are the same as a dx8. here is how i setup my tx . go to menu and go to flap system and see what channel its setup to. my was on the D switch, but you can change ti to another one that is not being used. them go to system setup, and look for channel assign. i dont have a retract on my storch so the last two channels that are free are 5 and 6 select each one at a time and change them to flaps. exit the menu and check to see they work the way they are supposed to move. if one is reversed got to servo setup and reversed the one that is going the wrong way on flaps. also on the dx6e you can setup flaps if you assigned a three position switch to flaps, you can control the speed of the flaps to position 1 50% and them position 2 to go 100% and you can control the speed the flaps come down. hope this works for you

dmlong

hello dmlong For the flaps you flip one of the servos with one wire facing forward and one backwards, that is one of the solutions using a y harness. i have a simple storch setup with flaps. and i do have them connected to two separate channels. I use a dx6e transmitter and an orange receiver . i don't know if the settings are the same as a dx8. here is how i setup my tx . go to menu and go to flap system and see what channel its setup to. my was on the D switch, but you can change ti to another one that is not being used. them go to system setup, and look for channel assign. i dont have a retract on my storch so the last two channels that are free are 5 and 6 select each one at a time and change them to flaps. exit the menu and check to see they work the way they are supposed to move. if one is reversed got to servo setup and reversed the one that is going the wrong way on flaps. also on the dx6e you can setup flaps if you assigned a three position switch to flaps, you can control the speed of the flaps to position 1 50% and them position 2 to go 100% and you can control the speed the flaps come down. hope this works for you
My six channel receiver had two aileron channels. For one on the channels, I plugged a y harness for both ailerons, and the other channel I plugged a y harness for both flaps. I tried to do some channel and switch assignments on my TX, but both the ailerons and flaps were still moving at the same time when moving the aileron stick on the TX. I finally said "F" it and went rummaging through my RX box and found another 6 channel Spektrum RX that had one Aileron channel and one AUX channel. I plugged the flaps into that AUX channel and it worked. Lesson learned, good to go now. Thanks for the reply.