Help! Setting up sparrow with AR620

pconk

I have been having a ton of fun building foam board planes with my 7 year old son. Just got all the electronics so we can actually fly one. I have an AR620 receiver with a DX6e transmitter and am using power pack A from the flite test store. I can't find anything that shows which servo goes to which number. From playing around it looks like the ESC plugs into "1/Data" and the servos for the tail should go to 3 and 4 with nothing on 2. Is this right? The DX6e has two V-tail verisons on it "A" and "B", what is the difference between them and which should i be using? Thanks for any help.

pjcareyiii

I believe Spektrum follows this pattern:

1 Throttle
2 Aileron
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Gear
6 Aux 1

I've just ordered an AR400 with power pack F myself for my Dx6i and a foam board scratch build to get started here. Good luck and happy flying!

Bricks

Master member
I believe Spektrum follows this pattern:

1 Throttle
2 Aileron
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Gear
6 Aux 1

!
Actually port 1 is the bind port then the rest so throttle would be port 2 and on down the list. Your receiver should be marked.

pjcareyiii

Actually port 1 is the bind port then the rest so throttle would be port 2 and on down the list. Your receiver should be marked.
you only have to bind once with spektrum I don't understand what you actually mean with that - binding is a one off thing the channel you use doesn't get tied up for a bound reciever

If you bought a 4 channel receiver imagine how pissed you'd be to find it was actually 3 channel all along because you needed channel 1 to be always bound

donalson

you only have to bind once with spektrum I don't understand what you actually mean with that - binding is a one off thing the channel you use doesn't get tied up for a bound reciever

If you bought a 4 channel receiver imagine how pissed you'd be to find it was actually 3 channel all along because you needed channel 1 to be always bound

he's talking about the ports/pins on the rx... the first set of pins on spektrum and spektrum nock offs tend to be the rx plug... so a 4ch will have 5 pin sets to plug into... 1st one will be for bind plug, then on like the order you said TAER

Andrew

G'day Mate
(for those that are unaware)
The AR620 receiver is the new type that does NOT have have a "bind plug", it uses a bind button, also it has two options for fail-safe,
81Kh4JNi6bL._SX466_.jpg

@pconk the plug socket's you need are,
#1 throttle
#2 aileron
#3 elevator
The "A and B" verisons allow you to "electronicly switch" port #2 and #3 so you don't have to physically disconnect the plugs by hand if they need switching (older firmware didn't have this)

donalson

looking the 1st plug is still for batt which goes back to how many older 72mhz rx worked... so it's still technically the 2nd plug... but labeled as ch1... but those new spektrum RX do look nice

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
looking the 1st plug is still for batt which goes back to how many older 72mhz rx worked... so it's still technically the 2nd plug... but labeled as ch1... but those new spektrum RX do look nice

It's actually to allow the Rx to be powered from a separate receiver battery which you need if you're running glow or gas. This is the battery that the BEC (battery elimination circuit) eliminates :)

donalson

It's actually to allow the Rx to be powered from a separate receiver battery which you need if you're running glow or gas. This is the battery that the BEC (battery elimination circuit) eliminates :)

yup I know... just pointing out that there is more plugs than just the channels... a lot of the older spektrum labeled it as bind/battery plug port