Setup Help

R_Chin

Hello,
I am trying to make a little setup for my gopro when I mount it to my quadcopter and I have a gopro video out cable with a yellow (video out) and black (ground) cable and I hooked it up to the video receiver to the corresponding colors. I then took the transmitter which came with an av to 3RCA cable and hooked it up to my little monitor by converting it back to AV. Turned everything on and my monitor just has a blue screen. The channels on the receiver and transmitter are set to the same, anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks
I put the links for all the parts in case that helps solve the issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-200m...9107&sr=8-2&keywords=transmitter+receiver+fpv

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D83V9PQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYMQ84G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
This may or may not be a show-stopper for you, but do some searching for "gopro latency".
Many FPV flyers use "board cameras" for this very reason.

Best regards,
PCH

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I read your post more thoroughly. It sounds like you may have a few things backwards.

Camera AV Out -> Video Transmitter
Video Transmitter (always with antenna attached) -> Magic of Radio
Magic of Radio -> Video Receiver
Video Receiver AV Out -> Video Monitor

Best regards,
PCH

R_Chin

I read your post more thoroughly. It sounds like you may have a few things backwards.

Camera AV Out -> Video Transmitter
Video Transmitter (always with antenna attached) -> Magic of Radio
Magic of Radio -> Video Receiver
Video Receiver AV Out -> Video Monitor

Best regards,
PCH

Im a little confused by what you mean with this, the camera is hooked up to the transmitter and the monitor is hooked up to the receiver.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
You said -
... I have a gopro video out cable with a yellow (video out) and black (ground) cable and I hooked it up to the video receiver to the corresponding colors. I then took the transmitter which came with an av to 3RCA cable and hooked it up to my little monitor by converting it back to AV.

That is what confused me.

Best regards,
PCH

PhenomPilot

R_Chin, your initial post had the camera wired to the vrx and monitor to the Vtx. Are both vtx and vrx powered by roughly 12v? Make sure your antenna is on the vtx whenever power is supplied. It will damage the vtx when there is no antenna because it needs the resistance. Also, go through the channels on the vrx and see if the vtx is on another channel. The instructions on dip switches/channels is usually interpretive.

R_Chin

R_Chin, your initial post had the camera wired to the vrx and monitor to the Vtx. Are both vtx and vrx powered by roughly 12v? Make sure your antenna is on the vtx whenever power is supplied. It will damage the vtx when there is no antenna because it needs the resistance. Also, go through the channels on the vrx and see if the vtx is on another channel. The instructions on dip switches/channels is usually interpretive.

Sorry for the confusion the camera is hooked up to the transmitter through the yellow and black wire and the receiver is hooked up to the monitor. Both have sufficient power supply, i believe. I will try other batteries as well. I have tried every channel

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Check the polarity of the power connectors.
Don't assume anything is correct.
Immersion RC is infamous for reversing the polarity on the Molex power connectors.

Best regards,
PCH

R_Chin

Check the polarity of the power connectors.
Don't assume anything is correct.
Immersion RC is infamous for reversing the polarity on the Molex power connectors.

Best regards,
PCH

I tried with new batteries and still the same, no feed coming through to the monitor. When i plug the batteries in everything lights up.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
This may be a challenge, but find something that can output composite video - something that you know works and is outputting video. Hook your monitor up to this video source and confirm it is working.

Best regards,
PCH

R_Chin

This may be a challenge, but find something that can output composite video - something that you know works and is outputting video. Hook your monitor up to this video source and confirm it is working.

Best regards,
PCH

I tried it on a TV and the tv would just have a black screen with static noise but as i moved the receiver around static would appear on the screen. Never got any image though

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Connect Camera to TV.
If that works, connect camera to monitor.
If that works, then start debugging your VTX -> VRX link.

Best regard,
PCH

R_Chin

Connect Camera to TV.
If that works, connect camera to monitor.
If that works, then start debugging your VTX -> VRX link.

Best regard,
PCH

Problem with doing this is that the cable that comes out of the gopro doesn't go into a tv as it is just a video wire and a ground wire.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
The problem with Not testing and verifying each component is the you have no way of knowing what isn't working.
You are taking a complex string of gear, chaining it together, and it's not working.
You need to figure out how each component works, verify that it is working and then put them together.
Something is either broken, incorrectly configured, or incorrectly connected.
You need to determine what is happening with your setup.

Bet regards,
PCH