Help! Setup of new "FT Tiny Whoop Get Started Bundle"

andrewflack

Hi all,

I'm totally new to the hobby, so I decided to get started with the Tiny Whoop bundle..

I was able to build the quad without issue, bind to the Radiomaster T8 Lite, and even take it up for a brief flight. A little while later, with no changes, additional flights, crashes, or anything, the tiny whoop will no longer arm. It is still bound to the transmitter.

I decided to try plugging in to Betaflight and see if I could figure out what's going on, and it says there is no gyro or accelerometer (and therefore the quad on the screen doesn't move around, etc.). I even went to "Update Firmware" just to see if there was new firmware, and clicking the "auto detect" button pops up "Configurator failed to verify the board".

Any ideas of what I could have done? Or tips about what to do next?

Thanks in advance!

luvmy40

Elite member
I've never built this style craft, so this sis just general trouble shooting advice.

I would start with checking all the solder joints. Even the "factory" joints. A cold solder joint can give intermittent connectivity and cause, seemingly random malfunctions.

Soldering a good joint on a PC board pad is learned skill and even those with tons of experience can get a bad solder now and then.