Tiny Whoop Bundle Binding question(s)

dansteeby

Hi all,

I bought a Tiny Whoop Bundle from Flite Test and after an initial success in binding and flying it following these directions (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-tiny-whoop-brushless-assembly), I am unable to bind the Radiomaster T8 Lite controller with the Crazybee F4FR V4.2 flight controller. I suspect that I accidentally broke/misconfigured something in my first use of the Betaflight software. I'm running the Betaflight Configurator version 10.9.0 with Firmware version 4.3.2 BTFL.

Currently, powering on the flight controller causes a bright red LED on the bottom of the board to slowly flash (I think that this means "NO RC" according to this manual: http://www.happymodel.cn/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/CrazyBee-F4FR-Pro-Frsky-version-Manual-.pdf

Pressing and holding the BIND button does not seem to change the behavior of this blinking LED, while the instructions say that it should turn solid when it goes into binding mode. I've also found the "Bind" button/CLI command in Betaflight, and can run that and get the result:

```
# bind_rx
Binding...
```

Since running into this problem, I've found and flashed the "HAME/CRAZYBEEF4FR(STM32F411)" target, which I think is a match for this flight controller, and I can now see the data from the gyroscope and accelerometer within the Betaflight app, and I can spin up the motors using it as well, so those seem to be working. What settings do I need to use for the Receiver section in Betaflight for this flight controller? Or does anyone have other instructions on what I should try next to get the binding working between these two devices? Thanks for any input!

Bricks

Master member
First before you reflashed did you back up the flight controller? Why did you flash the flight controller using Betaflight it comes totally setup?

dansteeby

Unfortunately the instructions I was following explained to back up the setup AFTER giving instructions on how to change things, so I did not know that they could be backed up until it was too late. Also, whatever changes I had made were accidental, as I wasn't trying to change anything, and I am now just trying to get back to the 'default' settings.

Bricks

Master member
Since what you did you are going to have to start from Square one using Betaflight to configure flight controller, Aux channels and transmitter. You have a heck of a task in front of you if you have never setup a quad before using Betaflight. Get on Youtube and start watching videos Joshua Bardwell has a start to finish Betaflight series

dansteeby

Hi all, an update: I contacted Flite Test support and they provided a hex and txt file to me. I'm able to load the txt file as a "preset", and this seemed to immediately flash my flight controller board when I opened it in Betaflight. After taking this step I have a new behavior from the drone:

When supplied power, it now plays its startup sound and then goes into a an endless series of beeps. This behavior began after loading the above preset, then holding the FC's button down while plugging it in. Prior to that there were no endless beeps, but I couldn't pair it to my controller. Now I have endless beeps and I still can't pair it to my controller. Is this progress? Any additional help is appreciated.

FT_Eddie

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Hey Dan Just wanted to let you know I have responded to our communication through the support helpdesk. Lets see if we cant get this resolved.