Show Us Your Workspace!

Stress Test

I use an L shaped desk. It was all glass and I decided I didn't want my workbench to explode some day so I replaced one side with that glued together wood sheet (?) (its not really butchers block so I don't know what to call it)

It works out pretty good, its also longer than the glass giving me more room.

A popup trash can makes keeping the bench clean easier but honestly this is after my wife attacked my space, its in the spare bedroom and my mom is here for a visit so my workspace is held hostage! :eek:

Resized_20201127_084811.jpeg

I want to build a 3d cnc needler and have no clue where its going to go. :sneaky: "Oh I sorry sweetheart, that wall? Yeah it just fell over..."

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dude! That is an awesome shoe collection!

Yeah that is kinda cool but its not mine. That's a picture of Rick Neilson shoes. He is the guitarist for Cheap Trick and wore those checkered sneakers in many videos. I just posted that shot because Rockyboy has a pair sitting on the floor in his shop is clean picture.

checkerboardflyer

I found these plastic drawers from Amazon to be very helpful. Before and after pics attached. No pics of the workbench. In the middle of a project right now. You know what that means. More tips and resources for foam board modelers at: https://foamboardflyers.com/

Attachments

• 1-shop drawers - 2.jpeg
    1-shop drawers - 2.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2-shop drawers - 3.jpeg
    2-shop drawers - 3.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3-shop drawers - 1.jpeg
    3-shop drawers - 1.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0

Stress Test

I have been working on an RV to get it ready to sell. It has taken all my free time and my workspace in it looks like this currently:

20210813_200221.jpg

I will be glad when I am done with it, hopefully in a week, and can get back to models!

One benefit though, I did find a type foamboard at Menards, its pink kinda like the blue stuff, that should be useful in models! :D

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yeah that is kinda cool but its not mine. That's a picture of Rick Neilson shoes. He is the guitarist for Cheap Trick and wore those checkered sneakers in many videos. I just posted that shot because Rockyboy has a pair sitting on the floor in his shop is clean picture.

Yeah, those are the lady's - she has much better taste in shoes than me, but stepped in dog crap so the shoes were in the shop for cleaning :LOL:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah, those are the lady's - she has much better taste in shoes than me, but stepped in dog crap so the shoes were in the shop for cleaning :LOL:

Ahh the under belly of the "Honey Do list" How ya be my old friend? Stayin safe n healthy I hope.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Ahh the under belly of the "Honey Do list" How ya be my old friend? Stayin safe n healthy I hope.

Staying healthy and busy, just not with RC. Working on restoring my '97 Land Rover Discovery over the past few months (replacing window seals are a real challenge and I hope the 2nd time repainting the hood it will be the right color!), but today I'm learning the fine art of refrigerator repair since ours just crapped out. :poop: I hope it's just the starter capacitor... new part arrives later this week and we'll see...

Hope everyone here is being responsible and having fun!

Stress Test

[QUOTE="rockyboy, post: capacitor... new part arrives later this week and we'll see...[/QUOTE]

Later this week! I hope you found it was broken before food ruined.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Staying healthy and busy, just not with RC. Working on restoring my '97 Land Rover Discovery over the past few months (replacing window seals are a real challenge and I hope the 2nd time repainting the hood it will be the right color!), but today I'm learning the fine art of refrigerator repair since ours just crapped out. :poop: I hope it's just the starter capacitor... new part arrives later this week and we'll see...

Hope everyone here is being responsible and having fun!

I claim ZERO responsibility for ANYTHING. To quote the Bartster "Wasnt me man"

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Custom build wood tables & a paint booth made out of a cardboard box from a wheeled trash can.....LOL.

Attachments

• 20211006_170345.jpg
    20211006_170345.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211004_175405.jpg
    20211004_175405.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211004_175359.jpg
    20211004_175359.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210925_140027.jpg
    20210925_140027.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210925_140017.jpg
    20210925_140017.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Robert S

I just finished listening to the audio book version of: "Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It" by Adam Savage.

It inspired me to redo my little maker area in my unfinished basment. One of these days I will finish my basment and I intend to do it as a sort of a "man cave...Home theater... makers space... music room" sort of vibe but, for now. This is what I've been able to do this weekend. I'm sort or playing with ideas to see what functionaly works before I comit to a design in a couple of years when I actually finish out the space.

20211024_163314.jpg
20211024_163430.jpg

I had a old 51inch Samsung Plasma TV ( one of the last ones they made) that I purchased as a floor model when I got divorced 10 years ago and needed a TV. Its been sitting around unused for a few years now and I'm glad I could not bring myself to get rid of it. It makes a great monitor (w/ speakers) for my purposes.

Its great to look at plans, do internet research, stream movies, or listen to music on while working on a project.