Simple Condorde

concorde

Im new here so not sure where to be posting stuff but anyway here is my first build. Its a simple plane that I threw together just to see if I could make something that would fly, turned out to be a lot more fun than expected.

Dollar Tree foam board and a few bbq skewers for reinforcements. I ended up imbedding a couple skewers in the wings as they started to bow up after a few flights.
25.5" span - I think the next one may be a bit smaller for better wind penetration
60" approximate length
Suppomodel B2208/17 1100kv
18 amp esc
9x5 prop
9 gram servos
1000mah 3s batt
I don't know the weight but it has enough power to take off vertically

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

earthsciteach

Congrats! It does look like a lot of fun. Nice job for your first plane. I'd guess you've been flying for a while, based on your handling of it.

Welcome to the forum! Your post location is just fine. :)

Ultimate_Red

RC Groundling
Welcome!!
Nothing like a simple build!
Could do with the bent down wing-tips and try to build it 3D for a challenge!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Nice build concorde, and welcome to the FT Family! Nice piloting skills there too. How 'bout some specs on what you were flying there? Is that Dollar Tree foam board, what electronics did you use, etc?

concorde

Thanks guys!!

How 'bout some specs on what you were flying there?

Here are some details:
Dollar Tree foam board and a few bbq skewers for reinforcements. I ended up imbedding a couple skewers in the wings as they started to bow up after a few flights.
25.5" span - I think the next one may be a bit smaller for better wind penetration
60" approximate length
Suppomodel B2208/17 1100kv
18 amp esc
9x5 prop
9 gram servos
1000mah 3s batt
I don't know the weight but it has enough power to take off vertically

concorde

Thanks! your right I have been flying balsa planes for about 12 years but this is my first build aside from ARFs. I didn't expect it to have nice flying characteristics at all, when i was building it I thought if i could manage to fly a few circuits and still have something that resembled a plane after id be happy. To say the least I was surprised, the concorde engineers must have known what they were doing when they shaped that wing :D

Last edited: