Simulator with Spektrum DX6i

Adam F

Hello!
I am hoping to do some flying with a simulator over the winter while the outdoor flying might not be quite so good. I have a Spektrum DX6i transmitter, but I can't figure out how to connect it to a computer to use Pica sim. I've found no videos on YouTube on how to do this with a transmitter like mine. I assume that you just have to plug it into the mic port on the computer and the trainer port on the transmitter with a 1/8in-1/8in cord and turn the mic volume up? Going off of some videos that I saw I am using SmartPropoPlus, but it does not show my transmitter as being connected to the computer and nothing is responding to it. Thank you!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
There is a USB reciever which will allow you to connect wirelessly to your computer and use a transmitter as a joystick.

It can be done with a cable, but wireless is SO much better.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Adam F

Thanks! Do you know how I could connect without that? I'm looking to save some money if possible, but if it is too complicated and won't work with the cable I'll probably end up buying one of those.

Adam F

Ok. I'm not really in a spot to buy one (in HS and don't have a consistent job yet and would rather use the money to replace the motor I recently burned out...oops 🙂) but maybe I could find one 2nd hand? I've got it connected to the laptop with just a 1/8 to 1/8 cable to where it says on SmartPropoPlus that the transmitter is connected, but only the aileron input seems to be registering and it doesn't show any connection on the simulator. Thoughts on why? Thanks.