Skins for foam board airplanes

mhlau999

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced gluing paper skins to airplanes? I did see a video on flite test once at flite fest where a gentleman had skinned a plane. After seeing that I tired unsuccessfully to skin a plane. I did however discover some who was willing to to show me via YouTube how to do it. His name is Sam at thehangarrc.

Has anyone tried it and had success yet? Please see below as to how mine is coming along. You can buy the skins from Sam as well as his planes. I am super excited as to how well it is going.

Please share photos if you have experience with his planes, I think they are pretty awesome.

Attachments

• 25E0C1D2-39A4-49F9-B823-CCB0BAD2F4DF.jpeg
    25E0C1D2-39A4-49F9-B823-CCB0BAD2F4DF.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8152C1C9-7F04-48AF-9561-08CA7F2D5A77.jpeg
    8152C1C9-7F04-48AF-9561-08CA7F2D5A77.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced gluing paper skins to airplanes? I did see a video on flite test once at flite fest where a gentleman had skinned a plane. After seeing that I tired unsuccessfully to skin a plane. I did however discover some who was willing to to show me via YouTube how to do it. His name is Sam at thehangarrc.

Has anyone tried it and had success yet? Please see below as to how mine is coming along. You can buy the skins from Sam as well as his planes. I am super excited as to how well it is going.

Please share photos if you have experience with his planes, I think they are pretty awesome.
@Rasterize has experience on this.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

Rasterize Skin Index