skins for FT Mini SE5 & DR1

scorpion101

Where can I get the skins for the TF Mini SE5 and DR1? I down loaded the skins from the listed down load but the format is not in my computer and my fordumpted virus "protection" (AVIA) will not let me down load a program for the other formats. Do I need to remove the paper to apply the skins? HELP!!

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Hi Scorpion. I assume by format you mean file type? The format is PDF. Readers for PDF are free and available from Adobe here. I would also suggest reading the first thread for the MM P51 "old Crow" skins (here) as it has a bunch of tips for applying. I will warn you not to make this your first build. If it is. Go back and just build and fly one first. If you're comfortable with the FT build technique by all means, lead on!

Last edited:

scorpion101

Unfortunately it was not in any of the normal file extensions but in .TRX from the ZIP file from the download FW_ RC32004387378.ZIP. The Film for the DR1 showed someone cutting parts for a skin to go one of the airplanes. Who was this person and how do I get in touch with him?

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Unfortunately it was not in any of the normal file extensions but in .TRX from the ZIP file from the download FW_ RC32004387378.ZIP.

Sorry for the file issues but as Rockyboy indicated the link seem to work fine. If you want to IM me an email I can WeTransfer it over if you like.

The Film for the DR1 showed someone cutting parts for a skin to go one of the airplanes. Who was this person and how do I get in touch with him?

Not sure what film your referring to. Be more specific please. As for the person that created the file you are trying to download, that, as Rockboy mentioned, was me.

Michael G

Must have missed something. I can only find photo of completed ft mini se5. Have trouble finding actual skin to download.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Must have missed something. I can only find photo of completed ft mini se5. Have trouble finding actual skin to download.

Umm... same here?

@Rasterize did you load the SE5a skins up in the Resources area or somewhere else? I'm having problems finding the download file too - the pictures look amazing though!

Thanks!

paperXwings

Hey all,
Is the SE 5 skin still available? I'm getting a 404 on all the links for it. It might encourage me to breakout illustrator and make one

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hey all,
Is the SE 5 skin still available? I'm getting a 404 on all the links for it. It might encourage me to breakout illustrator and make one
Check resources section. Here's one for the DR1: