Slow servos help!

Cardboardcowboy

So I got my plane out and I was just checking everything because I wanna go fly out tomorrow morning. It’s a mini Mustang with the ZOHD flight controller in it for stability. It has returned at home mode and just a stabilized flight mode.
I have a three position switch set for return to home, manual, and stable flight. It was all working fine the other day, but now when it’s in return to home or stable flight mode my ailerons are moving very very slow. if I switch it back into manual mode they’re fine, why is this happening? They move slow when I move my sticks and they also move slow if I’m holding the airplane and tipping it back-and-forth they’re not responding quickly enough to save the aircraft or even control it.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
If it is fine in full manual mode, then your FC is doing it's job to stabilize it in the other modes.

Cardboardcowboy

If it is fine in full manual mode, then your FC is doing it's job to stabilize it in the other modes.
Well they are taking almost 6 seconds to move from one max position to the other. They were moving at a normal speed the other day. But I don’t think they are responding quick enough to actually control the plane.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I think maybe they are using the roll rate and stuff for stabilization, so they start off slow, and if the plane isn't rolling fast enough they deflect more and more. I'm not sure how flight controllers work though and I am most likely wrong, it's just an idea.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Well they are taking almost 6 seconds to move from one max position to the other. They were moving at a normal speed the other day. But I don’t think they are responding quick enough to actually control the plane.
How many times have you flown it? The FC may have auto adjusted the PIDs while it was in flight based on the responses it had while in flight. I've seen this same behavior when in stabilized modes with Horizon hobby models, iNav, and ArduPilot as well.

Cardboardcowboy

I think maybe they are using the roll rate and stuff for stabilization, so they start off slow, and if the plane isn't rolling fast enough they deflect more and more. I'm not sure how flight controllers work though and I am most likely wrong, it's just an idea.
Possibly, I can hold it
I agree with @LitterBug, nothing wrong with the servos or tx, the problem is in the flight controller. I’d look in the documentation for the FC to adjust.
okay I’ll check that out!
How many times have you flown it? The FC may have auto adjusted the PIDs while it was in flight based on the responses it had while in flight. I've seen this same behavior when in stabilized modes with Horizon hobby models, iNav, and ArduPilot as well.

It’s a new build I have never flown! but you guys were right it was the fight controller. I was getting issues with jittery control services before so I had to turn down the sensitivity on the flight controlle. I guess I had turned it down too much, so after resetting that, cycling the power and making sure my rates an expo we’re still good everything appears to be moving how they should. I think I’ll be able to maiden her tomorrow! Thanks for your help on this one. I’m pretty new to the hobby so troubleshooting issues is still tough.

CampRobber

Most likely it was in angle mode with low rates and they were seeing progressive P term induced deflection.

There's also the I term in PID which increases when errors persist. However, most FCs zero the I accumulator when thrust is below a certain setting in order to prevent the aircraft from making an unexpected attitude change when thrust is then applied.

[edit] Although on second thought that probably shouldn't be enabled on fixed wings if you want to glide. It's more a quadcopter thing.