So whats the difference between throw gauge and elevon gauge?

daspunner

Printed the mini arrow plans and noticed that there is both a throw gauge and a elevon gauge. Throw gauge I understand (I think) but the elevon gauge. What do I do with that?

/Dave

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
The elevon steup gauge (just noticed that setup is misspelled on my copy of the plans) is for you to set the elevons at their neutral position. That is with a slight up angle to them rather than parallel to the table or the upper plate of the wing. Using that guage will give you a better starting point for your first flight.

Josh covers the use of this gauge at about 19:00 on the build video.

Let us know how it works out.

AlanM

I'm confused. In the video it appears as though he is using the throw gauge, not the setup gauge to set the neutral position.

luvmy40

Elite member
I'm confused. In the video it appears as though he is using the throw gauge, not the setup gauge to set the neutral position.
I cant remember the video, but as TEAJR66 stated, the elevon gauge is to set your elevons' centered pot position and the throw gauge is to set the max travel.

AlanM

In the link to the video that TEAJR66 has in his reply above it clearly shows the builder using the throw gauge to set the neutral. I've watched it a bunch of times and finally decided to use the setup gauge. I guess I'll find out on its maiden flight.