• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Soldering iron troubles

So i am on my third soldering iron in six months!! They were all different brands and were all sub 30 dollars! The problem is is they will stop getting hot enough to melt the solder! I have cleaned the tips multiple times and still nothing!!

The only thing i can think of is that i keep them in my garage and it gets cold, but that seems like a stretch! Any thoughts or ideas??

what the power of those irons ? in Watts ?

maybe theres nothing wrong with your iron, but with your soldering component, the lack of soldering gel, or your soldering skills.

i suggest you watch the soldering episode of FLITETEST.

I think this may be a case of you get what you pay for.

I too went through a couple different ones till I finally decided to just bite the bullet and get a decent one.

I have to say I am VERY pleased with the results I've been getting with my Hakko. And I really like being able to dial in the temp I want/need so I can work on heavy and light gauge stuff.

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M3U0VU/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details