Source for bulk servos?

Tater76

So it seems that I have been building one FT plane just about every week for the past 2 months. This means that I am both obsessed, running out of materials, and money lol. The biggest issue I am finding is sourcing cheap servos in bulk. I own online businesses, so I have a resellers permit, but the hobby stores don't seem to want to deal with me unless I sell hobby related items. Does anyone out there have a good source for servos that give you a price break for bulk orders? Many thanks in advance :)

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
In theory, you could get them from alibaba.com - they have many different 9g servos available for bulk order.

But really, are you going to get a better deal than the HXT900 servos from HobbyKing? Even with the shipping from the US West warehouse, I'm not too sure you'll get a better deal.

Tater76

I have not heard of alibaba.com? I will have to check them out. What about the Turnigy 9g from HK? I just looked and they were like $1.87. Oh, and they will offer the item for less money if you just sit on the page for a few minutes. A little window pops up, and they offer you a better price on whatever you are looking at. It's a great way to get you to buy lol.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Right now hobbyking has the turnigy 9g on sale for really cheap, I think $1.47? I just bought 20.

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
The Turnigy 9g servos are ok, but the quality isn't as good as the HXT900s. They tend to strip gears much more. Then again, for most FT designs, unless you build a speed demon or crash hard, they'll probably work fine.

Tater76

Thanks for the info fellas, but I think $2.20 a piece for 50 is not much of a savings. Juss10 is right about the sale at HK, I think that's the best deal. However, I did just contact a distributor overseas, and am working on a deal for the 9g SG90's in bulk. If I get a tremendous deal, I will order enough to spread the love here lol. I'll keep you posted.