Spektrum Inter Link DX

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I received Real Flight 9 the other day. I got the total package that included the InterLink DX. I am having problems with getting the DX to show up on my computer. The following statements are from the DX manual. " Shortly after plugging in, a dialog box should appear on the screen indicating that Windows has located a new device and will then automatically install the necessary drivers". " Please note; It is possible that Windows will need to install the appropriate files for the InterLink DX or interface to function properly".

When I plug the controller into my computer ( Windows 10 ) the computer will chime but does not show any dialog box. That's what makes me feel that I need a driver or too to make the controller work. I have been using Google with no luck. Does anyone have any leads on where to find these files or drivers ?

The following thread is related to this thread.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-problems-loading-software.64801/#post-596898

Thanks for any kind of help,
Al

alan0043

Did you try and plug in the controller before starting Real Flight, might work that way. I have been there done that but for gods sake I cannot remember how but here is a link that should walk you thru the driver update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

Hi Bricks,

Thanks for posting a reply. I did plug in the controller first. From seeing a statement in the RF manual they want you to plug the controller in first before you could down load the software. I'll check out the link that you posted.

I have tried the link from above. I'm lost. I don't know what to look for.

Last edited:

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Waiting for Horizon Hobby Support to get back to you, is liking watching paint dry. :( ;)

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

A little update. I am very disappointed with Horizon Hobby support. The first day that I sent them a note was on 08-29-2020. You can guess what I'm going to say. I still have not heard a relay for my question. All I have is a case number. I have sent them a second note asking when I am going to hear something. If I need to rate their support, it would be 0 stars. I have a sim that I can't use.

Thank you for listening,
Al

alan0043

You did install the program first on your computer? Did you check the downloads area of your computer at times it will download but not self install?

Here is a free service to update drivers for windows 10 give it a shot.

https://ld.iobit.com/2019/canyourunit/index.php?aff=124237&place=requirements

Hi Bricks,

Thank you for your help. I'll give the link a try. The following statements are from the Real Flight 9 manual. " It is imperative that you plug in your controller or interface into the computer first, before installing the Real Flight software ! " (page 16)
2." Shorty after plugging in,a dialog box should appear on the screen indicating that Windows has located a new device and will then automatically install the necessary drivers. " (page 16)

I'll update this thread a little later. I want to see what happens with the driver update.
Update; Went to the above link and still nothing helping to get controller to work.

Al

Last edited: