SR-71 90mm edf

chaos23

I had thought of doing this before but was skeptical on the quality of the casted parts, after seeing this, i think i can save a lot of money/machining on the aluminum parts. will have to test it out

VAND3R

If you haven't already bought a printer, you could easily build a large volume printer for much cheaper than the z18 from makerbot costs.
there are plenty of well documented designs on reprap that you could choose from. http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap_Options

You could also design your very own! A good design for large build area to look at is an ultimaker, It could give you a good idea of how it is going to work. the design is pretty scale-able.

chaos23

If you haven't already bought a printer, you could easily build a large volume printer for much cheaper than the z18 from makerbot costs.
there are plenty of well documented designs on reprap that you could choose from. http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap_Options

You could also design your very own! A good design for large build area to look at is an ultimaker, It could give you a good idea of how it is going to work. the design is pretty scale-able.

I moved away from the Z18 when i learned about the TAZ5 from all the reviews and upgrade-ability of this printer its a much better choice. I also came across some reviews of the Z18 and it was a general "nope" from most of the reviews I looked at. The TAZ5 has a very large build volume for its price and is generally very reliable.

chaos23

so Chaos has bought a 3D printer, and work on the project continues.... you all thought i got bored and went away hehehe, im back!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I just saw this... looking up Early Balsa EDF Kits, and Saw the first pic and noticed it was on FT forums... so here I am.

It gives me Ideas for a dual 70mm version.
Chaos, you seemed Hog-wild - and I was wondering if there was progress. We'd all love to see what happened so far.