Sunnysky Motors

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
We are so wrapped up in saving $5 bucks here and there but yet are quick to complain when we can't get rid the "Jello". You get what you pay for and there are some things that the Chinese are still really bad at like bearings.

I must confess I haven't killed my NTM's yet despite my best efforts but they will never go an FPV setup. I still recommend the NTM's but try to include "low cost" or "cheap" in there because anything other than the Hobbyking stuff comes with a reply "but it's so much more expensive" read:$5 more...

eagle4

It may be $5-10 more expensive, but on a quad that becomes $20-40 more expensive. Some people might be trying to participate in this hobby on a budget.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, which is why so many of us recommend HK parts to begin with. I would call the Sunnysky's, the next step, as the difference would be lost on a beginner.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
It may be $5-10 more expensive, but on a quad that becomes $20-40 more expensive. Some people might be trying to participate in this hobby on a budget.

That's why I push the Rctimer motors. They have mid-range motors, but their strong suit is budget motors that are generally a notch above HK's entry-level lineup.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I certainly haven't heard bad things about the Rctimers. Maybe we should be reommending them to those on a budget.

crlock

That's why I push the Rctimer motors. They have mid-range motors, but their strong suit is budget motors that are generally a notch above HK's entry-level lineup.

my first two setups used the rctimers, awesome motors, though one got destroyed on a hard landing :rolleyes: and then i saw the ntm, they looked good, affordable, and had good comments... at this point i think HK have an army of people on they payrole just posting good things about their products.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
One thing why people buy at HK is the multiple warehouses all over the world. Being in Germany I don't want to wait for parts from China if I can order close by (even though the Europe Warehouse seems to be out of stock most of the time). Also customs can be a PITA and make stuff a lot more expensive...

I have yet to find a good shop in Europe. Most seem to be specialized in a few items...

trigger

One thing why people buy at HK is the multiple warehouses all over the world. Being in Germany I don't want to wait for parts from China if I can order close by (even though the Europe Warehouse seems to be out of stock most of the time). Also customs can be a PITA and make stuff a lot more expensive...

I have yet to find a good shop in Europe. Most seem to be specialized in a few items...

Seconded. For us Europeans, HobbyKing having a warehouse in Germany is very interesting, for shipping costs, delivery times and not having to pay extra customs/taxes.
There are several other good shops around, but for the most part, they focus on high-end stuff.

On the plus side, and to get back on topic, I've been able to locate a few sellers here in France with Sunnysky motors at very reasonable prices. So it's encouraging so far, it seems getting them won't be as hard as I first thought.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I don't know if it's different for you guys in Europe but I have found EBay to be a good place to look for things like Sunnyskys. HobbyKing is very handy I'll admit. I'm just getting sick of having to pay twice when the hobbyking product ends up being below par and I end up buying another similar product somewhere else. I guess it all comes down to what you want to do with and what you expect from it. I follow along with what David said about HobbyKing when asked his thoughts about the products. He said that when he buys from HK he doesn't expect it to work.

andybenton

NERD!!!! :)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I've wondered about those odd looking Sunnysky's. The same with the Sunnysky Angels, what's up with those?

I just happened to notice this on BuddyRC just now:

http://www.buddyrc.com/motor.html

They have a table showing the differences between their lines. The Angel's are their budget line. With this kind of company you never know what's made in-house and what's farmed out. Sunnysky could just be a distributor that buys from a number of factories. They may actually be a manufacturer.

andybenton

Just throwing this out there maybe I'll help someone out with it.

If you search ready to fly quads you'll find he has what appears to me to be the same motors as the 2212 980kvs being sold as t-motors. Only problem is, the mount isn't pictured with them, anyone bought one and can chime in as to whether they came with them or not?

I asked on the contact is page, just patiently awaiting a response.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Just realized the shaft is protruding in the wrong side. Oh well.

It's getting to be a real pain to find a decent motor in stock somewhere. And man let me tell you it sure doesn't help when you have next to no clue what your doing!

That is just a stock pic read the product description

andybenton

Got a response, they don't come with it bt they are a available for purchase in the accessories side for 1 buck each. I'm pulling the trigger on three. So my build log will have a mini review of them :D

andybenton

I would say you won't be disapointed with something From RTFQ.

my sentiments exactly.

plus im fairly sure that in the event I step it up to 4s, that these motors with the proper props will do just fine.
they are on order, along with 3 of his naked edition 20amp escs. once those come in, alls im waiting on is batts and tilt parts from hobby king, and trying to track down an instock kk2.1 board :p