Swappable de Havilland Vampire Jet - PROJECT

Roonie

Hello, very old thread .....
Now I am looking for these plans but the links dont work anymore.
Could someone point me in the right direction or post them again ???
Been looking al morning on the interweb.......

ColoFlyer

Hello, very old thread .....
Now I am looking for these plans but the links dont work anymore.
Could someone point me in the right direction or post them again ???
Been looking al morning on the interweb.......
Here ya go. This link takes you to page 10 of the thread where I posted the plans.
But you should read the entire thread starting from page 1. Lots of good Information.
I built this plane and it flys amazing. Let me know if you have any questions, but most questions should be answered in the thread linked below.

Roonie

Thankx ..... but these are the plans for the mini Vampire ....
I`m looking the bigger version ...... The ones James posted , but the links are all broken

ColoFlyer

Thankx ..... but these are the plans for the mini Vampire ....
I`m looking the bigger version ...... The ones James posted , but the links are all broken

Below is a link the the thread that he mentions above. However, on the second page of that thread where he posted links for the Wings and Fuselage they also don't work. But if you read his last post on that thread, he mentions that the plans never developed the way he wanted them to and I don't believe that he ever got back to finishing this design.

However, that said, the Mini Vampire can easily be scaled up as I mention in the Mini Vampire Thread. I scaled one up to 120% (in the photos), and in fact scaled another one up to 200%. All of them fly well
Here is the Vampire 200% next to my ScoutXL. I had to do some extra reinforcing in the wing spar, and on the tail booms, but other than that it is pretty much just a scaled up version.

Attachments

• Vampire-ScoutXL (2).jpg
    Vampire-ScoutXL (2).jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Vampire-ScoutXL.jpg
    Vampire-ScoutXL.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 0