de Havilland DH.103 Hornet

leaded50

Legendary member
@leaded50 how are your builds so smooth? Lots of creases in the photos in the beginning, all gone now. What magic is this?

First, solderiron to "smear out" hot glue if sticks out/ even out panel connections... then sanding, and touches of superlight wallfiller in panel connections eg., sanding, and a coat of car sprayfiller sanded. it gives more work, and a touch more weight (on this with paint.. approx 40-50g) but at planesize approx. 1350mm wingspan, thats dont make differences to care about..

- should also be said that light at that pictures is in an angle that shows every whatever minor differences in smoothness it was.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
just wonder....where in h**are my motors...Christmas delays "everything", also mail... :D
It have got wing droptanks, bombs and rockets.... but motors? nope.....

DSC_0546.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
That is one impressive build but I suspect "....40-50g...... don't make differences to care about" is not an approach that De Havilland would have agreed with.;)
Its almost like adding another motor.

that grams was in paint, filler,eg.. not all extra as bombs droptanks,and rockets (they weight 13g total all of them in fact though) Im gonna have thrust over 1:1 with weight anyway.

De Havilland wouldnt cared i belive, since the plane was called Hot Rod Mosquito, or a Mosquito on steroides. It was close to outclass the fastest known plane of WW2 the Dornier 335 .

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hi guys I need some advice... can a ms spitfire, and corsair run on a 2217 1400kv(or 1200kv?) motor? spinning a 1045 prop?

leaded50

Legendary member
hi guys I need some advice... can a ms spitfire, and corsair run on a 2217 1400kv(or 1200kv?) motor? spinning a 1045 prop?
It will depend on what motor. Of the cheaper Asia "golden" ones, they recommend 300-800g plane. (are between 200-250W) Then it will be a bit underpowered, even if should fly.
The FT recommendation is a "C motor" 2218/1180kV , and their are more effecient than cheap Asia "golden" ones. (Eg a Sunnysky/Emax motor will be better then)

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Beautiful! I get the role of the wallfiller, but what does the car sprayfiller do? Also, did you try adding fireworks for actual rockets? Check this vid out:
Sprayfiller is just for last "smoothing" and also act as a primer, that ensure paint sticks,and not "eat" foam.
Actual rockets, hmmmmm............ perhaps will try sometime, but doubt is legal...

synjin

Elite member
Leaded50, beautiful build. And, it's funny, I'm also an NV-14 user. I have the new FRM-302 long range module, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

leaded50

Legendary member
Leaded50, beautiful build. And, it's funny, I'm also an NV-14 user. I have the new FRM-302 long range module, but I haven't had time to try it yet.
i have FRM, + another... unsure what, not checked yet. I got the NV in a trade forsome other things the guy needed. Was close to unused.
For me, i like it in the hand.... setups.. well, some get ok, other things not (because dont know how :LOL:) but learning.

synjin

Elite member
i have FRM, + another... unsure what, not checked yet. I got the NV in a trade forsome other things the guy needed. Was close to unused.
For me, i like it in the hand.... setups.. well, some get ok, other things not (because dont know how :LOL:) but learning.

I like mine, and it seems to do what the more expensive transmitters do. I still haven't figured out all of OpenTX, but so far I can program everything I want my planes to do. For long range, I need to learn to fly FPV, then I'll see how far away I can crash a plane.

leaded50

Legendary member
I like mine, and it seems to do what the more expensive transmitters do. I still haven't figured out all of OpenTX, but so far I can program everything I want my planes to do. For long range, I need to learn to fly FPV, then I'll see how far away I can crash a plane.
i like it too! Im starting get the hang on OpenTX, but much i dont understand how to do yet... eg, to get differential thrust with only 4ch reciver..for small planes (without using an extra part, as a v-tail mixer).. if goes, and not need use a 6ch reciver)