Swappable Motors

Spacecollector

Hi,
I'm new to the hobby and have built a swappable power pod for a nutball. The power pod I made uses a E-max 1200kv motor, the same one used in power pack b. I am also using a 8x4.5 prop. My question is can I use this set up for any swappable plane, or would I have to change the motor for some, or can I get away with just changing the prop?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
If you keep this power pod setup for smaller/slower planes, and build another power pod with Power Pack C, you would be able to use those two with a lot of the Flite Test swappable series. The setup you have now will work with a few designs, and it is a good place to start, but you will eventually want to upgrade to the C pack.

Welcome to the hobby and the Flite Test family Spacecollector.

Spacecollector

If you keep this power pod setup for smaller/slower planes, and build another power pod with Power Pack C, you would be able to use those two with a lot of the Flite Test swappable series. The setup you have now will work with a few designs, and it is a good place to start, but you will eventually want to upgrade to the C pack.

Welcome to the hobby and the Flite Test family Spacecollector.

Thanks you so much for the advice, I will probably build a different one with a C pack when I get more experienced. I right now have a 1300 mah 3s lipo, do you think that would that work with a C pack configuration?