T-MK7 New tricopter build

crlock

Hi guys, i've been out of the game for a while, but now i'm back, and what better way to be back, than to build a new tricopter ;)

As usual i want something tough, and light, so i'm going with carbon fiber for the body and arms, also i want to get into FPV so, i redesigned my usual frame to accommodate the extra electronics. Also i'm going to try a clean plate.
I didn't thought that the 5000mha 3S battery would be such a massive brick, i'll se how it fits. oh, and the arms do fold, not all the way though, i have some testing to do to se if they can fold all tha way.

The setup will be as follows

980KV sunnysky motors
3S 5000 mah battery
20A afro esc
Acro Naze 32 FC
Hitec HS 5085 metal gear servo
Hitec optima 7 receiver
fatshark googles
5.8 GHz 600Mw transmitter
1/3-inch Sony CCD Video Camera (this thing is massive and not in the pic)
and some leds

here you have some p0rn ;)
14837083648_69ee0a2200_b.jpg

And the plans, not the final version, first step is a proof of concept, made out of plywood, to locate true CoG and and best electronics placement, feel free to use it ;)

Note: this frame design is heavily influenced by others out there, such as the BO miniquad, i just wanted a tricopter, but nobody is working on tricopters, so i had to fill that void ;D
Cheers

Attachments

• mk7print.pdf
    807.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

midnightdaylight

I highly recommend upgrading that PilotHD camera to something like the Fatshark 600tvl when you can. It dose not record but it has instant video feed. The PilotHD's latency was so bad I could not use it for low altitude flight at all.

crlock

Nice setup. What is your entire budget/cost of the electronics
Hey Jnr Kuzi the overall cost was around 400, (without the Fpv gear or the Carbon fiber, that i had some spare plates laying around) shipping was around 200 for everything

Thankyou for the tip midnightdaylight, I already have a 1/3-inch Sony CCD Video Camera to replace the fatshark one, if it's not better, i'll use the gopro.

cheers