Taranis X9D+ Slider Sensitivity

Marauder

I'm trying to use the S1 and S2 knows on my Taranis X9D+ to adjust the gains on a Naza M. I've got it set up to do that but when I turn either knob the gain goes way up or down with just a slight touch of the knob.
Can anyone tell me, or suggest a way, to turn down the sensitivity of the knob so that I can get a finer adjustment? Thank you.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not knowing much about the Naza M, but a lot of experience with other flight controllers says the gain is adjusted in the flight controller, not the radio. Usually you set a range of adjustment in the flight controller that spans the whole range of a radio channel.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I'm trying to use the S1 and S2 knows on my Taranis X9D+ to adjust the gains on a Naza M. I've got it set up to do that but when I turn either knob the gain goes way up or down with just a slight touch of the knob.
Can anyone tell me, or suggest a way, to turn down the sensitivity of the knob so that I can get a finer adjustment? Thank you.

you can setup dual rates on the channels.

tamuct01

You can use a curve in OpenTX to change the range. If you attach the S1 knob directly to an output, you will get values from -100 to 100 (1000us to 2000us). If you only needed values from say 20-50, you could create a curve that at -100 on the knob output 20 and 100 on the knob would output 50. This would give you the fine-tuning you want. Once you settled on a position you like, you could look at the output and then make that a fixed value.

Another option instead of using the S1/S2 knobs is to use Global Variables. I do this for elevator coupling to flaps and use the throttle trim buttons to modify the GV. You would create a Special Function to increment/decrement the GV with the Throttle Trim +/-.