The Spit of All Spits

Wildthing

Legendary member
Its been awhile since i have been in this thread. The Spit got some attention today. Slapped on a coat of polyurethane and the first couple coats of paint... View attachment 162801
This is the nose paint and the invasion stripes going down. This might be a good from far kinda deal, but it will still look decent.
View attachment 162802
Primer grey as the base coat, what goes over top will be the kicker...
View attachment 162803
The belly is staying white, the invasion stripes on the tail go all the way around. Might do some stripes on the underside of the wings as well. Stay tuned
I have this feeling it will be super looking.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Its been awhile since i have been in this thread. The Spit got some attention today. Slapped on a coat of polyurethane and the first couple coats of paint... View attachment 162801
This is the nose paint and the invasion stripes going down. This might be a good from far kinda deal, but it will still look decent.
View attachment 162802
Primer grey as the base coat, what goes over top will be the kicker...
View attachment 162803
The belly is staying white, the invasion stripes on the tail go all the way around. Might do some stripes on the underside of the wings as well. Stay tuned
Oh the anticipation, I can't wait to see it finished!!!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Here is a sneak peak at what's goin on with the Spit...
20200323_104202.jpg
The under side gets the invasion stripes treatment. The stripes go 3 white 2 black, but the two outer white against the withit of the underside of the wing won't really make it look like invasion stripes but will work well for orientation.
20200323_104150.jpg

Here is the top side, went with the Seafire theme. It is supposed to be dark blue over light blue but i liked the grey idea better. I do have the tape to pull off and the roundels to go on so it should look like a warbird in the air

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Here she is painted up View attachment 162880 View attachment 162882 View attachment 162883
It will look really good in the air. I could sit here and sweat the minor stuff but i think the only way i could be happier is if it flies
This has no business looking as good as it does. I might as well pack up and go home with my boring FT Spitfire build. Did you stencil your camo lines or just spray them in? That's what I'm most afraid of on my first camo attempt. I'm almost considering a solid olive drab just so I don't have to do it 🙂

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
This has no business looking as good as it does. I might as well pack up and go home with my boring FT Spitfire build. Did you stencil your camo lines or just spray them in? That's what I'm most afraid of on my first camo attempt. I'm almost considering a solid olive drab just so I don't have to do it 🙂
I had a 3 view drawing of the camo that i eye balled onto the plane just sprayed it on.