Thrust Angle Questions

Blenderite

Professional Crash Pilot
I am working on the FT Storch and I don't see anything about thrust angle for the power pod. Am I correct to assume that there should be no thrust angle? Problem is that when I put my pod in, the motor is angled down slightly. Would it be better to have a slight angle up or perfectly level? Thanks!!!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
That's how Josh has been building in down thrust in models that need it . . . keep the up/down angle neutral on the pod and let the fuse set the angle.

Blenderite

Professional Crash Pilot
Got it thanks!!!

Another thing real quick, do you know how long the landing gear wires are before they are bent? I can't find that info anywhere. OSHA doesn't say in the video either.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
OSHA can be a pain to work with, never telling you what you *really* need to know ;)

From the video there's one frame the wire is up against the ruler and the whole wire is in frame, but it's fuzzy . . . but the nearest major mark is 16". Might be a touch over/under that, but that should get you really close.

thrust angle

OSHA can be a pain to work with, never telling you what you *really* need to know ;)

From the video there's one frame the wire is up against the ruler and the whole wire is in frame, but it's fuzzy . . . but the nearest major mark is 16". Might be a touch over/under that, but that should get you really close.

If it climbs with throttle ( as flat bottom wings will do) then add down thrust as simple as a couple of washers under the motor mount. It is a tradeoff when inverted but this is all part of tuning the plane after its built. Some trs manuals have a tuning chart in them but this is a learned art.