Tiny Trainer pulls left hard

thecompusmith

HI,

I built my first tiny trainer and she flew great with the polyhedral wing first flights. after that she pulls left a great deal. I've checked the control surfaces, the CG and the angle on the power pod looks okay. anyone know what I might me missing?

Thanks!

jtrops

have you changed the prop? Maybe to one that rotates the opposite direction? if so, the thrust angle on the PP is probably exaggerating the torque roll from the motor. Just a guess (probably wrong).

brettp2004

Did you use a speed build kit or print them off yourself? What motor/prop combo are you using? The trainer had a pretty significant right hand angle on the motor mount.

Bromego

The easiest thing to do would be to rotate your power pod 180 degrees so that the thrust vector is pulling to the right.

Also make sure your wing is aligned up top and centered. If not centered, one half will have more drag, creating the pull.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Compusmith,

First off, Welcome to the forum!

So . . . It flies fine with the glider wing, but swap for the speed wing and it "pulls" to one side?

By "pulls", do you mean yaw (nose wants to turn to one side but wings stay flat), roll (one wingtip dips if you don't correct for it) or both?

If nothing on the fuselage has changed, it's on your new wing. Look carefully at the wing profile from each side -- use a table to keep the angles you're comparing consistent. Also, check the back seam on the wing to see if it's consistent and equally flat on both sides. I think one side may be fatter or twisted relative to the other. If that's the case, you'll either have to live with it (you now have 4 channels, so trimming it out is an option), or rebuild the wing. If it were mine, I'd just trim it.