tiny trainer tail heavy

levigabel

So I just built my tiny trainer and followed the build video perfectly, but it is so extremely tail heavy that even if i move the battery all the way back, its still tail heavy.

Shurik-1960

If you have a battery right next to the front of the fuselage and it is not possible to move it for adjustment, then the best option is-
cut off the front part of the fuselage (with the engine) and paste an additional part, lengthened the nose of the fuselage. With the old battery position, the CG will go forward to the nose of the fuselage. For the first flight, always make 25% of the wing width along the fuselage from the leading edge. Before starting with the engine, throw on the planning and trim along the roll. Then we throw it into planning and smoothly add gas until the model stops descending and flies smoothly.These are the basics of the first launches and ALL your models will fly without the first crashes.

levigabel

If you have a battery right next to the front of the fuselage and it is not possible to move it for adjustment, then the best option is-
cut off the front part of the fuselage (with the engine) and paste an additional part, lengthened the nose of the fuselage. With the old battery position, the CG will go forward to the nose of the fuselage. For the first flight, always make 25% of the wing width along the fuselage from the leading edge. Before starting with the engine, throw on the planning and trim along the roll. Then we throw it into planning and smoothly add gas until the model stops descending and flies smoothly.These are the basics of the first launches and ALL your models will fly without the first crashes.
sorry, i meant to say nose heavy. its nose heavy, and i dont know a good way to add tail weight.

Foamforce

sorry, i meant to say nose heavy. its nose heavy, and i dont know a good way to add tail weight.
Hot glue a few pennies in a stack all the way at the back, behind the skid.

However, the last couple TTs I built acted very tail heavy after getting them perfectly balanced on the CG points, so I think the CG points are a little too far back. When balanced according to the CG points, it’s very pitchy.

I would recommend trying to fly it as-is first, or at least balance it so that it’s still somewhat nose heavy.

Shurik-1960

With a strongly forward alignment, it is possible to fly, especially in strong winds. Just before launching, the aircraft must be trimmed by the elevator, throws on snow or grass, achieving a smooth glide of the model through the air. At the end of the work, we smoothly add gas until the moment when the plane stops descending and begins to gain altitude...We're all flying)))

Piotrsko

Master member
Move the battery back a bit if there's room, perhaps 1/4 inch at a time or use a smaller battery, or move the radio back towwards the tail. Try to not add extra dead weight if you can help that.