Might mini tutor center of gravity

Rmeth09

Been a year or so since I have flown and decided to build the mini tutor. Has anyone built this and experienced that the plane balances of the COG dots provided, but when flying it, acts like it’s tail heavy? I moved the 2s 650mah battery all the way forward. Ended up having to move the power pod out about two inches for it to fly decently. I’m fairly new to flying and pretty new to planes with landing gear as well. Could the issue be with the landing gear?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Where does the plane balance now, how far forward of the CG marks are you?

Three years ago I was at FF helping 2 people build 2 tiny trainers from kits. Both needed the CG to be 1/2 inch forward of the marks on the kit.

Rmeth09

The plane balances about 2inches from the leading edge and and the COG marks are about 1.1” away from the leading edge.

To get it to fly decently I had to pull the power pod out almost 2” to get the nose heavy enough to balance ya the provided COG marks

martyg

I'm confused myself. The instructions say the COG should be appx. 2 inches from the leading edge of the wing, but the indicated spot on the wing is about 1 inch from the leading edge of the wing. Which should I use? Thnks for the help.