Titan Advanced High Capacity Lithium Ion Batteries

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hey guys. If you've ever seen MyGeekShow with Trent, you may know that he used NCR18650B lithium ion batteries in his wings. His packs had 75% more capacity than lipos for the same weight, but unfortunately were expensive and hard to make. Today he released a video introducing Titan batteries. They are made of NCR18650GA batteries instead of the aforementioned NCR18650Bs. These aren't Trent's batteries, but he did help in getting them manufactured for RC purposes for the first time, as well as get them down to a reasonable price.

Here are the specs:

Capacity: 3500mAh
Voltage: 4s
Discharge: 6-10c
Weight: 200g
Lifespan: 500+ cycles
Price: $34

As far as I know this is the only battery from Titan available. The NCR18650B/GA cells only come in 3500mAh capacity sizes so any new sizes would have to be in multiples of that number. For high endurance planes and large multirotors with low amp draw these batteries may be a good solution to significantly increase flight times. Obviously race quads and performance airplanes will not benefit much from these batteries.

I want to see what you guys think. I am not trying to promote these batteries, I just think Trent could use a shout out for the work he has done.