Trash is my treasure

Bigfish448

Quick story short. I was driving down a road and saw a tail sticking out of a garbage can out by the road, I quickly turned around and went dumpster diving and found the whole shell of a plane minus the rudder. I'm trying to figure out the brand so I can rebuild it and the only thing that is marked is a tag on the Alerons is that it has a plane flying and it says USA above it. The wingspan is 67 inches and is made of balsa. It also has a sticker that says powered by castle on the cowl. If anyone might have some ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 8

finnen

FYI, Castle (Creations) is a high end ESC brand. So most likely that plane has had a Castle ESC in it, but that won't get you any closer to what model it is, I'm afraid.

BTW, you have the rudder and fin, but you seem to be missing a stabilizer and elevator =)

It looks like a fairly large 3D/aerobatics plane. I did a quick google search on 68 inch 3d plane, and your plane looks a lot like a yak 54. The most popular seems to be the discontinued Extreme Flight 68" Yak 54. Search for that, and see if that matches your plane.

That plane will need some serious pulling power. If you are going to put electronics in it, it won't be cheap.

A quick example for a motor is this: http://www.hobbyexpress.com/brushless_axi5330.htm
300$ for just the motor, then you need a 10S lipo :eek:

If you shop around, I'm sure you can find something somewhat cheaper, but be aware of this is a big beast.

Bigfish448

You are exactly correct I meant elevator. I am wanting to get this flying. Who ever owned this before I believe ran a gas motor in it due to the black exhaust coming on the bottom and the bottom of the cowl has a cut out looking like and exhaust hole. I have a huge box of electronics and have been going through it to see what I have. I appreciate the info.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
You're probably right about this being a gasser, far cheaper than running electric at this scale. Castle also makes big BEC units, that is what the sticker is refering to.

if you need electronics, look on emaxmodel.com. cheap stuff, I've had good results, and it is what the ft gang uses. a motor your size would be around $80, and probably $100 for a fitting esc from there hv line. i can recommend the emax GT series motors. emax would have everything you need.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I can relate

Early in my RC flying this T-28 became mine.
It was my first foamy and was right on cue when I was starting to advance from belly landers to gear touch downs.

IMG_5003.JPG IMG_1619.JPG

Early in my RC flying this T-28 became mine.
It was my first foamy and was right on cue when I was starting to advance from belly landers to gear touch downs.
and you probably loved that plane more than any plane you will ever have!