FT Retro Rocket Aura Lite Wiring

Bearbate

Hello,

I am just finishing up my EDF Retro Rocket build, and I haven’t ever used an FT Aura Lite before now. I want all of the goodies including the air brakes. My question is, how do I wire the Aura? I have the 4 servo leads, plus the ESC. I have already programmed the Aura with the EDf Retro Rocket profile, I’m just not positive on the wiring. Also, I have the pocket radio master, I am somewhat familiar with programming an Open TX transmitter, but what buttons do I need to bind to which channel etc.? I saw in a video that the momentary button is used for air brakes, and I assume I’d bind a 3 position for the gyro functions. The wing build video says there would be another video for the Aura setup, but I don’t believe that it has been released (or I can’t find it). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bearbate

I was able to locate the servo and throttle wiring within Aura Config Tool.

For anyone needing the answer it is:

Port 1 -> Throttle
Port 2 -> Left Elevon 1B
Port 3 -> Left Elevon 2B
Port 4 -> Right Elevon 1B
Port 5 -> Right Elevon 2B

It appears that Ch5 is set to a 3 Position Switch for for Flight mode, and Ch6 for the air brakes.

Now my problem is that the Aura Configuration isn't seeing any input above Ch4. Meaning that is the Aura Configuration, I can click live mode and see my throttle, ailerons, etc., but channels 5 and 6 do not show any changes (even though I have them setup on the transmitter). If anyone has any idea on what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I have channel 5 setup to switch SB and channel 6 to SE.

Bearbate

Figured out my second problem. If anyone is curious, I added the 3 position to ch5 and flaps to ch6, but I didn’t add them in the “mixes” menu so they weren’t outputting from the transmitter. Added the mixes, and everything is working.

PookaHat

I’m waiting for a Spektrum satellite to arrive so that I can get the Aura 5 functioning in the Retro Rocket. I wonder if you can program a “Launch Mode” like the Flex Pirana has.