Tricopter motor Help! Simple silly questions for my build!

serjio

Hello guys,

I am new on the Hobby and I need your help with some things. First of all, I have a Tricopter (Bat Bone Tri 370 Kit), I am using the suggested motors from Flitetest (Model: Turnigy PARK 300 1380KV - brushless), I have also ordered this speed controllers from hobbyking ( TURNIGY Plush 10amp 9gram Speed Controller, I w8 for them to come ).
My questions are:
What type of cable do I need so I can connect the both of them?
Can I simple use a 26AWG cable that I have (It seems to be a little big thicker than the cables on the motors)?
Can I also use the 3.5mm Bullet Connectors with this SpeedControllers and Motoros and the 26WAG cable?

I have also ordered and have from HobbyKing a reciever and transmitter this model (Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver). I searched online for more than two hours to find it out but I have not find anything it seems that everybody are using the 9XR Model. SO, My question are:

Can I use it with a multirotor or it is Only for a Helicopter and Aircraft, or it has nothing with this to do?
(On the manual there are setups and connections ONLY from helis and aircrafts.)
Can I connect this transmitter with an OrangeRx R615 receiver?

Please consider that I am a newbie on the Hobby!
Thanks in Advance!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
A lot of questions! No worries, I think we can sort you out.

My questions are:
What type of cable do I need so I can connect the both of them?
Can I simple use a 26AWG cable that I have (It seems to be a little big thicker than the cables on the motors)?
Can I also use the 3.5mm Bullet Connectors with this SpeedControllers and Motoros and the 26WAG cable?
Any time you are extending leads, it's usually best to use the same size wire or one that is slightly larger. There are times when you can go smaller but until you learn more about when you can do that, it's best to stay same or bigger. You might want to use 2mm bullets on that small a cable, but if all you have on hand is 3.5's, they will work fine. They will just be a tiny bit heavier.

I have also ordered and have from HobbyKing a reciever and transmitter this model (Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver). I searched online for more than two hours to find it out but I have not find anything it seems that everybody are using the 9XR Model. SO, My question are:

Can I use it with a multirotor or it is Only for a Helicopter and Aircraft, or it has nothing with this to do?
(On the manual there are setups and connections ONLY from helis and aircrafts.)
Can I connect this transmitter with an OrangeRx R615 receiver?
You can use pretty much any radio with a multirotor since the flight control board takes care of actual flying. All you are using the radio for is to tell the FC board which direction you want the multi to fly. Unfortunately, you cant use that radio with anything but an Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System (AFHDS) type receiver. The OrangeRX uses either FASST (Futaba)or DSX (Spektrum) protocols, depending on which type you buy.

Last edited: