• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tricopter Takes Flight Finally!

After about 4 months of work i final got my tricopter to fly today. it was short lived tho.... i crashed :p i broke the motor so ill have to wait for ever for hk to send me some more. but im super pumped i got my flycam board to work and it was simple wiring mix up. sadly some one at my school stole my gopro friday.... so thats just great.... heres a video of my neighbor flying it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_G0O71c7Cw&context=C233a4ADOEgsToPDskL4XQjKkNqei9I3x_Jd2TnE

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Great job ! Looks very stable indeed.
Can you explain the 'yaw guard' because that made me curious now...
Btw, I subbed your YT channel. Hope to see more vids soon.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That looks incredibly stable!

Was it able for you to control it the way he did? Or lets say: why did you crash? what was the mistake you did?

Ill put together a video of the features of my tricopter that i changed from davids v2. it will include how my yaw guard and how it works :) im trying to figure out the gain on the tricopter. it was pretty windy for my first flight :p i crashed because my blade grip wasnt drilled into the wood and was just sandwiched in between the two carbon fiber cut outs. so it came loose during flight causing a crash. i accidentally hooked up my motor wrong while hooking it up later that night i put the middle wire of the motor with a outer lead of the esc which i think jacked up my motor? not sure if thats why it wont work?

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
because my blade grip wasnt drilled into the wood and was just sandwiched in between the two carbon fiber cut outs. so it came loose during flight causing a crash.

OOPS !! ;-) Are you going to glue it into the wood now ? What glue will you use ? Epoxy ?

i accidentally hooked up my motor wrong while hooking it up later that night i put the middle wire of the motor with a outer lead of the esc which i think jacked up my motor? not sure if thats why it wont work?

Normally it wouldn't make a difference, only for the direction of rotation. Is the motor not working anymore ?

Hope to see your vid soon !

i just glued it in better with Lots of super glue (its all i had besides hot glue) holds great. Now ive crashed about 10 times. lol :p my motor got messed up some how not sure why but it still works but vibrates ALOT. ive got her flying good today. i did a night flight ( not recommend for beginners like me ) but its videoed with my gopro and gopro doesn't do well in low light. but heres the video. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb6RZIt6UH0&feature=youtu.be

Airwolf

Still much better than first flight of my tricopter (I didn't even bothered to put video online...)

I didn't broke anything. but I've got to correct many things before next attempts...

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Nice Tobster! Good to see that you are trying hard! Wish I had more time to fly mine ... Was that shot at 60 fps?

Nice Toby, yeah flying a Tricopter is way different than anything I flew before it just takes a lot practice. But you are doing great just watch out for them trees lol

ananas1301

Did you manage to break anything with the crash? It seems to have taken a few seconds to fall down and be "damped" a bit by the branches on the way down.

But keep practising. no man has fallen down on earth being able to perfectly fly immediately!!!

The first clip was at 1080p at 30% slow motion (cant see the props), the rest were at 720p 60fps. it was alot harder then i expected with orientation but i got the hang of it and did some decent flying today. ive crashed it tons of times but haven't damaged it badly just broken props and a few things come loose but i enjoy fixing it. :)

ananas1301

In my calculations i get to about 250-300 €. But thats with a fewer more expensive Electric components from Germany. So if You're lucky you can get Even cheaper

ananas1301

In my calculations i get to about 250-300 €. But thats with a fewer more expensive Electric components from Germany. So if You're lucky you can get Even cheaper