Help! Turnigy 9X can’t change stick mode

Dakota196

I broke out a new 9X tx today and it was showing mode 4. Well I want mode 2. Tried to change the mode and save it. Not a chance. It still shows mode 4. I am going to use it on a 3 channel bird, but can’t because all the sticks are wrong. Any help?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I broke out a new 9X tx today and it was showing mode 4. Well I want mode 2. Tried to change the mode and save it. Not a chance. It still shows mode 4. I am going to use it on a 3 channel bird, but can’t because all the sticks are wrong. Any help?
It's been a while but my recollection you had to take the 9X apart & swap the springs on the sticks to make it the conversion work. Swapping the springs was a bit fiddley but not too bad. I think changing the mode just reassigned the channels.

Dakota196

Yes, changing the channel program. I change within the program, but it won’t save. Stuck in mode 4. I want Mode 2. At least that’s what the opening screen says.

Andrew

G'day Mate
I'm sure it was the Turnigy 9X that had a well known "typo" on the main screen, it's missing the "l" on the end.
Instead of showing which model number you are flying, it says mode instead of model (it's a typo).
On the tx main screen it show what memory slot number you flying NOT (stick) mode, because of the typo it can show mode 1 all the way up to mode 10 when should say model with the "l" on the end.

Dakota196

I'm sure it was the Turnigy 9X that had a well known "typo" on the main screen, it's missing the "l" on the end.
Instead of showing which model number you are flying, it says mode instead of model (it's a typo).
On the tx main screen it show what memory slot number you flying NOT (stick) mode, because of the typo it can show mode 1 all the way up to mode 10 when should say model with the "l" on the end.
Thank you. That’s what it is doing. As I looked further into it, it is in mode 2 and the model acts accordingly. I normally use spektrum, but I wanted to get this off the shelf and actually use it. Only for my trainer/fun fly lightweights.