Turnigy 9x Receiver Compatibility

Kbat11700

So I currently have a Flysky FS-t6 that works fine for most of what I need. However, I have been looking at getting into bigger jets but many of those require 7 or more channels. I came across a Turnigy 9x for $40 on local classifieds and am considering it.

My question, is will the turnigy 9x be compatible with the flysky FS-R6B receivers I already have in all my airplanes? What about with the twin antenna IA6 and IA8 receivers? Is it compatible with both at the same time?

On a side note, I also found a Turnigy TGY-i10 for $80. Same question about receiver compatibility applies. Is the TGY-i10 significantly better than the 9x for a casual sport flyer who just needs more channels?

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Flysky uses 2 protocols AFHDS and AFHDS 2A. The Turnigy 9X used only AFHDS, the older protocol. Your Rx runs in the newer AFHDS 2A, I don't think it will run the older protocol. You should check the documentation to be sure. The Turnigy TGY-i10 uses the newer protocol.

I use the older 9X and have been very happy with it.

hasan2007

The newer turnigy 9x uses afhds 2a so the ia6 and ia8 will work, not sure about older afhds for r6b, will confirm later ;)