Turnigy 9x with a Nano QX

Shane

I'm looking at buying a Nano QX BNF, and it's calling for a DSM2 or DSMX transmitter. I ordered my first radio last week, it's a Turnigy 9x and i'm wondering if I buy an OrangeRX transmitter will that bind with the Nano QX receiver without any problem?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
It should as the orange tx uses DSM2. If you mean an orangex module your issue is prepating the 9x for a module. You will have to modify the radio to accept the module by removing the exising module which is connected internally by the antenna. There are videos on youtube and writes in multiple forums.

AeroMaestro

Yes. It'll work perfectly. I do exactly what you're talking about, with the same transmitter module. No problem.
(And that OrangeRX module will connect with your Nano on DSMX.)

Shane

It should as the orange tx uses DSM2. If you mean an orangex module your issue is prepating the 9x for a module. You will have to modify the radio to accept the module by removing the exising module which is connected internally by the antenna. There are videos on youtube and writes in multiple forums.

Yup, glad I asked then, I was assuming that the module could be removed from the radio. Are there any good radio mod boards or websites that would be a good source of information for modding the 9x?

helinor

If you have access to a 3D printer try these parts

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:262320

With those you can make your existing module totally removable by mounting the original antenna on the module. I have done it and it works great:). I have ordered the Frsky module and now I can also easily use my WLToys copters/ quads with this radio:p

2014-11-04 09.44.39 (Medium).jpg 2014-11-04 09.45.55 (Medium).jpg 2014-11-07 05.57.40 (Medium).jpg 2014-11-07 05.57.23 (Medium).jpg 2014-11-07 05.58.07 (Medium).jpg