turnigy rx not being power and ESC playing a tune!!

Aran

Hi all, building my first rc plane. I bought the HK Epp FPV plane. With a turnigy 35-30 1400kv motor with the corresponding ESC.

When powering up the ESC with my 2200mah battery the ESC plays a short tune every 15 seconds or so. See the YouTube link for video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYGj1CSlIuY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I assumed that the issue was a lack of throttle signal. Which leads me to potentially the cause of the issue. The ESC is not powering up the RX.

Any ideas folks?
Tried reseating the ESC bullet connectors. RX works fine when powered by 4 A A batteries.

Thanks all,
Aran

Aran

Tried that too. White signal wire if definitely on signal pin. Should I try reversing it incase it's a manufacturing error? Want sure if I could damage rx doing that.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
No, if the signal wire is on the correct pin, next thing is make sure the Rx is bound to the Tx. It sounds like you have a separate power supply to do that with so if you are sure the Rx is bound, you might want to hook up the separate battery and see if that stops the ESC from doing it's "I can't hear anything" opus. There could be something wrong with the BEC circuit on the ESC.
One thing I also thought of but didn't want to ask. Is the ESC by any chance an "opto"? If it is, there is no power output on it and would explain your trouble.

Aran

I think your right. It's opto!!
Will power the rx with a battery tomorrow and see how I get on.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. This is the final hurdle in a lengthy build!!

Thank
Aran

Aran

Installed a HK esc with BEC and everything works now (barre the throttle (but thats another story in another thread!!))