[Tutorial] How to make a new USB cable for the Eachine Lizard 95

Hachiro

Hello! Hachiro here.
In this post, I will teach you how to make a new USB cable for the Eachine Lizard 95. A 95mm micro drone!
Please remember that although this should not harm your drone, you are doing this at your own risk!

If you think you've got what it takes to make your own cable with out instructions, and just need to know which wire goes where, then use this picture!
f6497bed4df779dc99d2b437e2150c14.png
If not, instructions are next. So let's go!Here is what you will need!

-A soldering iron (with some solder of course!
-An old USB cable, extension, or anything USB that has a good cable, and working male USB type A plug.
-A new JST cable. (The cable that plugs into the drone) (You will need "Mini Micro SH 1.0mm 4-pin JST" These are the ones I got https://goo.gl/yiwsQz )
-And finally, either heat shrink tubing, or electrical tape.

Now to build our replacement / backup cables!

USB:
1) Cut and strip your USB cable to expose each of the four wires. (Red, black, green, and white)
2) Twist the strands together, then tin each wire.
2.5) Cut off the braided ground sheathing, if there is any. We will not be using this.
3) Place some heat shrink tubing over the cable, so that we can leave a clean cable when we're done.

JST:
1) If you purchased the ones I linked above, cut off one end.
2) Take out each wire so that we can re-organize them.
2.5) You will have to use a blade or something else with a flat sharp edge to open the flap on each wire to remove them.
3) With the flat side of the plug facing you, the wires should be black, green, yellow, then red.
3.5) (The colors listed in #3 are if you got the cables I listed above. Use the colors in the cables you got. Just think of them as the order I said in #3)
4) Insert the wires back in with the order in #3
5) Strip, twist, and in each wire.
6) Place a tube of heat shrink about twice as big as the wire on each wire

Final:
1) For each wire, twist the equal colors together.
2) Hold your iron to the twisted pairs, and add a drop of solder so that they can be sealed together.
3) Slide the heat shrink over the wires
4) Use the heat from your iron, or a lighter / match to shrink the tube
5) Finished!

Now test it out, and enjoy being able to make changes to your Lizard 95 once again!
You can confirm if you have wired it up correctly using the picture bellow!

f6497bed4df779dc99d2b437e2150c14.png

Thank you for reading! I hope I was able to help out someone else whether they're part of the forums or not ^-^
I actually joined the forums so that I could make this post as I was not able to find out how to wire up a new cable for this drone.

Thank you to @foamtest for your help in figuring out which wire is which on the JST plug's end!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
No problem, I am glad to see that you joined the forums! I hope you like it here and don't be afraid to ask questions on here about stuff like this. There are a lot of people here who know WAY more than I do.