Twin Boom Tiny Trainer Copycat

tomlogan1

Elite member
Thanks to Hondo76251 for his assistance on the Twin Boom Tiny Trainer. I made a few modifications to his design that worked very well. I chose to use the polyhedral wing rather than a 4 channel wing. My wing is 54 inches and the polyhedral is about 4 inches at the tip.

My horizontal stabilizer/elevator is a bit wider and provides quite a bit of authority. Like his design, the plane flys very well and requires little power to fly. I used and 1800 mAh 3S battery and had all the power I needed and the plane balanced very well.

I, too, used the glider nose which holds the receiver and the wiring for all the control surfaces.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_110912352.jpg
    IMG_20200702_110912352.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0

tomlogan1

Elite member
Thanks to Hondo76251 for his assistance on the Twin Boom Tiny Trainer. I made a few modifications to his design that worked very well. I chose to use the polyhedral wing rather than a 4 channel wing. My wing is 54 inches and the polyhedral is about 4 inches at the tip.

My horizontal stabilizer/elevator is a bit wider and provides quite a bit of authority. Like his design, the plane flys very well and requires little power to fly. I used and 1800 mAh 3S battery and had all the power I needed and the plane balanced very well.

I, too, used the glider nose which holds the receiver and the wiring for all the control surfaces.

UPDATE:

Always use a wooden spar. I neglected this step and on my second pass today, coming out of a turn, the wings folded into a perfect V and the plane became a lawn dart. I did get points for accuracy as I hit dead center on the middle of the asphalt runway, totally destroying the booms and the fuselage. Electronics are fine albeit a pair of broken props. Onto the next version!

tomlogan1

Elite member
UPDATE 2:

Rebuit with 60" wingspan, 5/16" 48 inch oak dowel for primary spar with dual height foamboard spar, no polyhedral still a 3 channel. Plane flies well does have tip stall tendencies but a bit of throttle cures that. Plane is covered completely with clear packing tape so wet grass is not an issue. Even with the clear tape the dual 2205 2300kv motors provide vertical climb when needed. A great variation of the Tiny Trainer.