Up coming models :)

Scottie

While I'm on a roll here with this thread....
A couple of people are patiently waiting for my version of a Piper Cherokee...
ClearSkiesCalmWinds you will be the 1st to know mate :D

The original
4.jpg
2nd build ,used to test plans
IMG_20150126_231948.jpg
3rd build,used to test amended plans (built for my mate who helps me test...destroy my planes)
IMG_20150126_232046.jpg

:rolleyes: just the maiden required :applause:
cheers

Scottie

So this will be the last update on the Cherokee build until I maiden her and submit a build article !
I tweaked the wing design....again! I really need to learn to not be so fussy.....the Cherokee has quite a distinctive leading edge on the wing and mine wasn't lining up properly.So.....

20150131_183130.jpg

Maybe a tad extreme !! :p but it would only bug me !!

20150131_185925.jpg
20150131_232755.jpg

See...much better :applause: ....apart from the crease :(

Been playing around with the flaps and ailerons,mainly in how they sit in the wing.I want a smoother finish and look too them,especially in the flaps....
Aileron
20150201_150709.jpg
Flaps
20150201_114513.jpg
once the flap is deployed it sits flush against the underside of the wing as does the Aileron when it is in the down position.
Final shot before I go...

20150201_234811.jpg
Some of you might notice,the cabin looks a bit squished....that's cos it is ! :eek: This is what happens when your too fussy about design features.....it's not really,I just wasn't paying attention lol.

cheers

ClearSkiesCalmWinds

Scottie give JasonEricAnderson's P-51D a look. He built a detailed wing similar to what your doing. It might help. I just built one as a "B" modified for the Tuskegee Airman "Red Tails".

Scottie

Scottie give JasonEricAnderson's P-51D a look. He built a detailed wing similar to what your doing. It might help. I just built one as a "B" modified for the Tuskegee Airman "Red Tails".
Yeah I saw that ☺tbh there wasn't anything wrong with my wing other than I wasn't happy with it.not that I'm fussy or anything :p
Fingers crossed for a maiden this coming weekend ;)